Those magnificent Beavers!

I so want to put a reference in about a Primus song. @SkinyUte understands.

But good job by the Beavs to dam up the Ducks.

5 Likes

Is that duck blood on its teeth?

1 Like

Who goes to CCG if Wazzu wins?

1 Like

Oregon goes if Wazzu wins, or at least that is what has been said.

But there’s still chatter about UW going…not sure how.

1 Like

Weirdly enough I think we have a better shot at the rose bowl by not playing in the CCG. If Wazzu wins then Oregon goes to the CCG and probably get beat by USC leaving Utah as the highest ranked P12 team behind USC. If Washington wins then we have to beat USC for a second time to play in the rose bowl.

Seems like a reasonable take right?

4 Likes

I think UW was eliminated by UCLA and Utah winning. I don’t remember exactly why.

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it that way, but you could be right. Although I think they still might like Oregon over us in that situation.

2 Likes

Except from the Rose Bowl site:

“In the past, the Tournament of Roses selected replacement teams like the University of Oklahoma (2003), University of Texas (2005, 2006), or Texas Christian University (2010) to play in the Rose Bowl Game. Now, however, in the CFP-system, the Tournament of Roses may only select a replacement team from its partner conferences (Big Ten and Pac-12).

Should a team from the Big Ten or Pac-12 be selected to play in the College Football Playoff, the Tournament of Roses will traditionally select the next-highest CFP-ranked team from that conference.”

3 Likes

My take. If Utah goes to the CCG and wins, Rose Bowl. If Utah loses U$C goes to CFP and Utah still goes to the Rose Bowl

1 Like

Well, UW has to first take care the business – which seems a bit challenging right now.

If Washington wins, which we’d need in the first place, I seriously doubt they’d drop in the CFP rankings being idle next week, while we’d surely drop in the CFP with a CCG loss. That would lead the RB to take Washington over Utah.

3 Likes

Oddly, there were prognostications of that earlier. Earlier than last week’s games. At the time, I thought it was really bizarre, but now it could easily happen.

2 Likes

If Utah looses the CCG, Utah would have 4 losses, and be ranked lower than a 2-loss Washington in the final CFP poll. I think the Rose Bowl takes Washington in that scenario.

1 Like

Don’t need this kind of crap…

1 Like

Well, that should end that kid’s season.

4 Likes

He should be charged with assault and serve jail time.

2 Likes

There is at least precedent for charging, see the UM-MSU tunnel incident. Yes, I know one is in Oregon the other in Michigan, but point is the same. Although I suspect Oregon has laws on the books that would cover this.

Dude was pretty stupid, everyone has cameras and video devices now.

1 Like

Regardless of what is caught on camera or not, it’s up to the victim to want to proceed.

I’ve taken dozens of assault reports in my career that never went anywhere as the victim had no desire to press charges. While the video is nice, prosecutors will usually not proceed without a cooperating victim.

2 Likes

Fair point. Guess we’ll see, and I ran with the presumption that the victim would file charges.