The “what are you cooking right now?” Thread

Japanenese milk bread

5 Likes

I guess great minds think alike. Tonight is beef enchiladas and soft tacos.

3 Likes

You know how to live.

Stir-fried pork-belly with peppers, bean-curd, and green onions. Served over a bowl of rice.

5 Likes

Having New England Clam Chowder tonight served in Bread bowls. Currently cooking down the potatoes, carrots, celery and onion to prep for the sour cream and clams.

4 Likes

Just made my very first homemade sourdough bread. Used the discard from my 13-day old starter.

7 Likes

That’s the best way to serve clam chowder.

2 Likes

Bravo! Looks fresh as “F”

2 Likes

LOL. You can tell we are an aged population on this site. Fresh AF. Not Fresh as F

5 Likes

The next great keyboard war. :wink:

250x250bb

1 Like

every Sunday is my turn to cook, as designated by the boss. I made a cheddar brocolli soup with beer bread.

FAIL, clearly I did something wrong.

The beer bread was decent, but the soup had a chemical taste to it and was the consistency of salsa, LOL. It was the equivalent of the mens and womens hoop teams in the Northwest the past couple of days.

The recipe called for 3 tablespoons of Vermouth, as a non drinker, I went to the liquor store and bought the cheapest brand I could find, maybe that’s the culprit?

Fortunately Raisin Canes was still open.

1 Like

Sweet or dry vermouth?

1 Like

My wife makes Chicken Enchiladas very similar to these somewhat regularly, now that you bring it up it has been awhile. She does 95% of the cooking. I bring home the bacon.

Tonight is spaghetti with meat sauce robusto. The marinara has diced tomatoes, sweet peppers, olives, and portobello mushrooms.

1 Like

hmmm, it doesnt say

1 Like

That’s sweet.

1 Like

Sweet, and that’s only the cheapest if you’re at the wine store, which has limited supply of many things other than straight wine - there are much less expensive vermouths out there.

is that not something you should cook with?

There are better things. Cooking with inexpensive alcohol isn’t normally bad. FWIW, I would have found an inexpensive pinot grigio vs vermouth. That’s just me, I also live somewhere where I can get alcohol of various types pretty easily.

This may help a little.

1 Like