The U$C - Utah Game Thread…the 22 TJ AL game

I am sure everyone has seen the helmets for the game and unis. Yes, it’s been over a year, but you can’t avoid the emotion of the losses of these two young men. I hope the parents of those two are able to be in attendance tonight.

Given the improvement of the Trojans on offense, I hate to say this game is likely to devolve into another track meet. The team that that loses the most Mac’s “5 Key Downs” will lose because it will be just that close.

Utah 34 - U$C 33 in a nail biter.

Utah - 11
Southern Cal - 8

2 Likes

I’ll be the contrarian because I fear we simply don’t have near the athletes we need to keep up. 31-17 USC. Close into the 4th, then they pull away.

I truly hope I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Utah will need takeaways to win this game. Period.

2 Likes

UTES 20
Dirty Trojans 13

2 Likes

Picking the same score I had for the UCLA game, 34-31, Utah, and hoping I’m closer to being correct this time.

2 Likes

Utes - 27 Trojans - 24, in Overtime

I’ve heard reports from your friends in Salt Lake (I’m out of state this weekend, alas) that U$C fans have been all over SLC (and Park City of course) and they’re not being nice guests. I hope we send them home a little humbler.

I feel good about this one. Take care of the ball and I think Uah wins by 10. 34-24

Well our kick off went out of the end zone for us. That’s a great start.

1 Like

This defense is a nightmare.

1 Like

That was way too easy.

1 Like

I’m liking this drive. Looks like maybe Ludwig is seeing opportunities to pass and is taking advantage of them. USC must be giving us something.

But we just lost 10 yards on a pretty garden-variety run.

1 Like

Pfft … this start could have been better

1 Like

This is going to be a long night.

1 Like

I fear you may be right.

Looked like Cam really forced that end zone pass when he could have dumped it off. Tough to tell from stadium replay tho.

Yes, if we don’t tighten up this is going to be a long nightmare to watch. To have a prayer of winning, we have to play the best game we can, not make stupid mistakes like letting the USC quarterback get away for 40 or 50 yards on a third and long, and miss a field goal at the end of a promising drive. We can hope and pray that this is just a slow start. As many of us have said all season long, slow starts against the good teams are killers.

1 Like

Wow, once again the other team’s receivers are wide open in space on play after play.

1 Like

The angles our defenders take are spectacularly bad.

2 Likes

Yes, it looks like last week all over again. Really disappointing.

1 Like