The transfer portal + NIL + no serious rules = chaos

Certainly not against Alabama at any rate.

2 Likes

Like an NBA owner with Flock of Seagulls hair paying a player from Farmington.

2 Likes

If this actually happened, I am thinking it was probably some booster, or someone similarly situated, who let it be known through third parties that such money would be available to him. That’s already very difficult to enforce, even outside the world of NIL. It will be impossible to enforce now.

Sounds a lot like how Cam Newton ended up at Auburn.

LOL. No they didn’t. It was mainly twitter trolls saying he was transferring. I like Dalton but no one at Alabama is paying 1 million for a TE. We’d go about tree fiddy.

1 Like

“Nothing to see here.”

For those of us who don’t really follow any other teams, what does this mean?

Is this guy transferring to Southern Cal? Alabama? Does this have anything to do with Utah?

3 Likes

He has been rumored under NIL (look at Topic title) to be considering to play for SC (Look at Utes Schedule) for $1 Million. That said he’s also rumored to want to win a title (thus his possible turning down a million). So yeah, it has something to do with Utah because your DBs may not be covering or they may be covering the guy who won WR of the year last season.

Also, do you guys really see “College Football News” and put your fingers in your ears and close your eyes. I’m even familiar with stuff going on in the FCS. I just am interested if there are really people who refuse to know about things outside their state borders (because I know every single one of you is like a moth to a flame when BYU is mentioned).

1 Like

Lol. Refuse? Try “don’t really care that much”. Much more important stuff to be concerned with, like will I be able to find Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches at the grocery store. And regarding how this one guy affects Utah, let me know if he takes the million and plays for Southern Cal, then I will be concerned about it for one week this fall.

Regarding byu…we don’t play them this year, so I’m guessing no one cares what they do.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough. I actually have become less and less concerned about sports in general. I just find the NIL freak out hilarious. Alabama has had a good run and I am more focused on travel so like you I only see it if it ends up on one of the social timelines. Weirdly I have been more into taking my daughter to Broadway (Just got back where we saw David Byrne’s show and about 9 other plays and musicals) and getting back as a patron at comedy shows.

Also, I think SC will land the kid. So thought it would be of interest.

Wait, are the stores out of Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches? Can I still get the Jimmy Dean maple pork sausage?

2 Likes

Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage and egg white sandwich is quite good if forced to eat “healthy”.

And fwiw, I love coming to Ute Fans to find breaking news on USC football.

FTFO!

2 Likes

It’s hit and miss.

1 Like

We can’t help it. We so admire everything about USC and find its program so fascinating. :wink:

It’s not you guys it’s Jethro :grinning:

Guess we’ll see who’s been tampering directly.

1 Like

[quote=“BamaFanNKY, post:118, topic:6753”]
Guess we’ll see who’s been tampering directly.

Uh oh. Northern Arizona and Troy State are about to go on probation.

1 Like

“Honestly, if your team had players who were tampered with you should be on probation.”-NCAA

These new collectives are getting some cuffs it appears:

1 Like