The pet peeves thread

Riding along a shared bike/walking trail, primarily the Jordan River Trail but there are others, being a nice guy and shouting out, “Passing on your left!” as I approach, and 50% of the time having the people look back over their right shoulders and jump to the left into my path.

5 Likes

I happen to LOVE autocorrect.

2 Likes

Poor granny went full-on Emily LaTella on that one. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

7 Likes

I F-ing hate it! For the very reason of it changing words that are absolutely correct english, just more than 2 or 3 syllables

1 Like

I dictate to my iPhone a lot, and it’s amazing sometimes what words it comes up with. Sometimes they are obscene, but more often than not they’re just weird, and not even real words.

Once I dictated a note to a colleague whose name is Beth. It came out as “babe.” A quick explanation and a laugh together resolved that one.

Ever ended a phone conversation with someone other than a spouse, child etc…. With an accidental “Love you”. Or grabbed a strangers hand thinking it was your spouse? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Went to send an email intended for my sweetheart one time (fortunately just asking what was needed from the store on the way home, but ended with Love You) and mistakenly choose wrong recipient and sent it to a group of a few dozen co-workers.

1 Like

I’ve never done something like that. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Tenants, even some of the best ones who, when a smoke alarm starts its low battery chirp, disconnect it and take the battery out rather than just put new batteries in. It’s for YOUR safety for crying out loud.

2 Likes

PSA: don’t forget to changes those little bastages 2x a year. The batteries that is, but I understand.

1 Like

Here’s a pet peeve, those who live in humid areas understand what I mean. I really sucks to mow the lawn with it’s hot, muggy, high allergens, and little to no breeze or wind. Just thought I’d share my misery. :wink:

Right now my peeve is dealing with brain fog from my bout of sepsis.

I have been looking forward to the CWS getting started, and have been watching for scores on my ESPN feed. Nevermind things don’t start until today, but since ESPN posted the games on the feed on Tuesday, I kept thinking things had already started; and I got frustrated the results weren’t getting posted. I also kept forgetting today was the start, adding to the confusion.

Today will be a better day.

2 Likes

This isn’t a pet peeve - it’s the opposite, actually.

As a lifelong (well, at least after age 15) fan of Monty Python, I really like this group of hockey fans who dress up as referees and cheer every time the refs make any call.

200 goof balls, get on their feet and go crazy when there’s an icing call.

Love it! We need more off beat stuff.

8 Likes

When the plumber forgets to reconnect the drain overflow after replacing the valves and drain in our shower. So when Mrs SkinyUte takes a bath, gallons of water drain down behind the wall into our basement.

That’s fun.

When do we get to watch you on People’s Court over this?

2 Likes

Unsupervised kids on summer break. What could possibly go wrong?

4 Likes

People who don’t eat their meat. How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat?

10 Likes

One of my coworkers is from Korea and has a couple of small kids. She’s constantly tired with the two jobs, of course.

I suggested she adopt the time-honored American tradition of dropping your kids off at McDonalds Playland for a few hours.

They closed all the Playlands with the pandemic! They’re destroying our culture!

3 Likes

“STAND STILL LADDIE!!”

3 Likes