The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

5 Likes

…the healthiest head of red hear ever!

2 Likes

Doors. The End.

FTFO!

1 Like

Great song.

And yes, Southern Cal did do just that to their mother and father.

2 Likes

We were Mom & Dad’s favorite child, yet when we called for bail money they hung up on us and added to our restriction.

Heck with Mom and Dad!

FTFO!

1 Like
4 Likes

Been on an Eagles kick lately. This is the lineup when I saw them in ‘75, prior to Bernie leaving and Walsh and Felder joining. Linda Ronstadt was the opening act.

An old high school friend of mine went through a rather horrific battle with cancer over the past couple years. He somehow wrote, produced, and recorded an album through it all. It’s a little outside my usual musical wheelhouse, but is some really solid instrumental rock/metal. Give it a listen.

2 Likes

I saw the Eagles once. They were the warm up band for Ten Years After.

And for the record, for those who might think that they “blew Ten Years After off the stage”…they didn’t. Ten Years After was great. The Eagles were good too. The audience loved them both.

4 Likes

Satyricon unfortunately had to back out of the Psycho festival next month. Thankfully, they announced that Rotting Christ has stepped in to take their place. That’s about as good a tradeoff as I could ask for,

RC is one of the few extreme metal bands that’s still on my “never seen” list.

I always liked Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. Back in the early '70’s my roommate went and saw them with Procol Harum as the opening act. When he got back I remember asking him how Alvin Lee was. He said he was good but kept talking about the guitar player for Procol Harum. Always thought that was odd till I later found out that Procol Harum’s guitar player was Robin Trower.

5 Likes

speaking of Trower, released two months ago

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to Mississippi Twilight, yes in part to Terminal List on Prime.

I like what I’ve heard. Someone on youtube created a playlist that features MS Twilight, and a few other bluesy type groups.

1 Like

Given that it is the season for it, and I’m a former Marching band kid, I’m on a big Drum and Bugle Corps watching lkick, especially since I discovered a streaming service for it. If it werent for this hellish heat, I would have gone to Ogden on the 13th for the Drum Corps event at WSU stadium.

Enjoy this performance from last night of my favorite corps this year.

1 Like

Just bought some tix for this tour so…

4 Likes

This is excellent. That version she sings with John Prine is amazing.

1 Like

Anyone else go to The Black Keys last night? It was great.

4 Likes

Needed a little Satchmo.

3 Likes