The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

When his first album came out I was floored. I think it was called “Causers of This”. I got to see him once in person after his second album came out. Since then I haven’t really kept tabs on him, however “Blessa” and “Imprint After” are all time favorites. I can’t believe it’s been 10 years.

I got to meet these guys once and had a brief conversation.They put on a great show.

2 Likes

My favorite song off my favorite album of 2019.

2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Alice Bowie - Earache my eye

I’ve been listening to some local bands lately. I’m loving Acacia Ridge–a SLC hard rock/metal band. If you are into hard rock, check out Malevolence, What Man Has Made, Haunted and Burn. Really good stuff.

You should post some links!

That’s a classic.
I believe it’s Jeff porcaro playing drums. He’s like, 18?
The whole album I think is actually really comic genius. Those guys had great timing and some really clever concepts IMHO.

1 Like

Listening to The Cult today.

4 Likes

… And I only know 3 chords! …

2 Likes

3 Likes

Here you go! You can tell they are making these videos on a shoe-string budget–which I kind of dig.
Enjoy!

Acacia Ridge: What Man Has Made
Acacia Ridge: Malevolence

1 Like

Frank Zappa - Brown Shoes from the Album “Mothers of Invention”

Still remember him rolling around SLC in the ZAP ONE.

2 Likes

Just a hilarious routine. Hard rocking tune for a few minutes, then Cheech and Chong have a great dialog. “Does that mean you’re done spitting on me too?”

3 Likes

I’m in an Uber car and my driver is playing a Creedence greatest hits collection. Loving it. Haven’t heard these terrific songs for a while. They are better than most of today’s top 40 (if that’s still a thing).

3 Likes

They do have some great stuff.
Never understood why John fogerty has such a crook in his craw about the Grateful Dead, but, whatever man…

“I Put a Spell on You”, my favorite tune by CCR. If you’ve never heard this tune by the original author/performer, (it’s a bit out there), check it out on YouTube - it was written and recorded originally by:

Screamin (and I do mean screamin’) Jay Hawkins

(This reminds me, that if this tune was not on the Halloween Song list, that someone published on this site last Halloween, it certainly should have been.)

2 Likes

Yeah and I think there’s a video of screaming Jay doing it and it is actually, quite frightening.