The official "What are you listening to right now?" thread

The last record by Cars leader Ric Ocasek called Nexterday. Excellent pop record and poignant with his recent death.

Also a band called The Shelters. Just two albums so far but both are excellent and no tracks I dont like.

Jay Z’s “Reasonable Doubt” and Morrissey’s “Bona Drag”, which is my mind is one of the best compilation records of all time.

Watched this today. Excellent. He is such an underrated guitarist.

3 Likes

Boom! Love this song, especially this performance.

4 Likes

Larry K’s inrtview, then Riles

Agreed on both counts! Great tune, great performance. I saw them perform this live during about the same time frame in the old Salt Palace. They were the opening act for someone else, don’t recall who, as they completely stole the show.

1 Like

Retro Santana is the best Santana. His guitar work on this performance is some of my favorite. None of this Rob Thomas crap!

i have been listening to this slash solo alot lately

2 Likes

Queens of the Stone Age … for some reason in the mood.

2 Likes

I really liked Songs for the Deaf and Era Vulgaris- Rated R is excellent as well. I am all about that desert rock sound. Every now and then I put on “#1 Hit of the Summer”, which is an all time favorite.

2 Likes

What NIN album is that off of?

1 Like

Well played.

A lot of Beatles tunes are simply timeless. John and Paul get lot of (deserved) credit for all their creations, but George really wrote a lot of amazing material, both with the group, and after the breakup.

2 Likes

I love “All Things Must Pass”.

His Beatles contributions were some of the best songs they ever released.

2 Likes

I think the performance of Soul Sacrifice at Tanglewood tops Woodstock

It’s a whiskey and smokey voiced lady kinda night.

2 Likes

Just about nothing from the last 30 years. You guys fart dust too?

You are all going to hate this, but here is a curveball.

1 Like

Had not heard this before, but did not hate it all…

1 Like

That’s why I have two torch lights in the corners, two desk lamps and the sconces, all with a nice soft white 2700K bulbs in them. I’ve been in this particular office about 3 years and I’m betting the fluorescents haven’t been on for an hour total.

Bonus point to anyone who remembers what year’s gymnastics poster that is and who the gymnast is.

Thanks for the mood.

2 Likes