The cool pictures thread

Pretty crunchy, about like McNuggets in taste. No feathers to deal with. I don’t blame the eagle.

Here’s a funky photo from that same trip. People who live out in the desert have some of the weirdest stuff. They just don’t give a damn, no covenants or zoning laws.

This boat was in a little dug out pond, maybe 3 feet deep - just to have the boat, complete with a plank to board it. (NW side of Pilot Peak in the background)

Pretty sure there have been some epic summer boat parties.

2 Likes

Just sit right back and you’ll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip …

a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour

6 Likes

Nice photo. I’ll be there tomorrow!

1 Like

Some additional Antelope Island pics to add to Steggy’s.

On a solo mountain bike ride, I saw bison from afar, a coyote up close (20-30 feet) and an antelope bounding away.

Looking northwest towards Mt Ogden and Ben Lomond

Looking west towards Stansbury Island

Looking east up from Split Rock

Looking southwest towards Stansbury Island and Deseret Peak

5 Likes

Here’s some shots of Antelope Island. It’s been said this place is sacred ground for the Native Americans - probably Shoshone & Utes. I believe it.

Here’s the south tip of Antelope Island this year, with Stansbury Island in the background:

Coming down Frary Peak trail in the fall, with the Ogden mountains in the background.

I call this one “Cajun Beach” - a old Bonneville level beach on the south side, a few months after a wildfire scortched most of the island

Looking south along the spine, on the southern part of the island.

This one is a view of Antelope, from Lee’s Creek near Saltair

4 Likes

Everyone should drive down the PCH at least once in their life.

1 Like

Photo I took in an Italian hilltop town a few years ago, Orvieto. I liked the juxtaposition of trendy handbags, against a simple bicycle and a cobblestone street.

4 Likes

Lovely town

1 Like

Nice photo, great town - that region produces some wonderful white wine.

2 Likes

I’ve got to know you, or know of you! I’m BHS '81

2 Likes

Tree3

5 Likes

Stunning photo

1 Like

In February one’s mind starts to wander toward warmer climes.

Here’s a photo of Jaco Beach on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica:

2 Likes

Those are great, thanks for sharing. What type of camera did you take them with?

Thanks, EUte

A couple of those were drone shots - Mavic 2 Pro - Hasselblad something. (DJI bought Hasselblad… crazy.) My mirrorless cam is a Sony Alpha 6300. A couple of those I just took with my cell phone, iPhone 11 pro

I still use the Sony when I need a long shot, but more & more I just use the phone or the drone.

1 Like

more Big Sur news, just south of the park

1 Like

do you think April knew something was up when RJ broke out his Ray Nitschke Packer jersey and he asked her to wear her skull yoga pants with the matching sweatshirt and they got on the bus that took them right by Culvers?

5 Likes
9 Likes

Birdseye view of Irazu Volcano, Costa Rica.

5 Likes

Frozen whirlpool in Kuusamo, Finland

5 Likes