The cool pictures thread

GSL Early 2023

6 Likes

1 Like

THAT! Is a spectacular photograph.

2 Likes

If you were to go back now, how much more water would there be?

1 Like

I’ve read in several publications that the Mexican Soccer Federation, or whoever is the equivalent of USA Soccer, has been warned MANY times about its fans. Seems that the Mexican fanbase likes to yell racial, ethnic, and sexual epithets at the opposition. The Mexican officials have been warned to get said fans under control or games will be cancelled, or Mexico won’t be allowed to play with fans in stands. Seems that the international body followed through with that promise.

3 Likes

Yes, there have been several matches now within which play was stopped and/or ended due to a specific chant.

1 Like

I can’t say. I’ve been there fairly recently and it wasn’t much better.

2 Likes

The Harvest Scene and Maze Overlook from Canyonlands a few days ago.

10 Likes

“Sunset and Squall” - aka “Springtime in Utah”

10 Likes

Sunrise over the North Atlantic

4 Likes

I’m in Dallas today for the eclipse (my daughter’s Christmas present). The partial part of the eclipse has started, but the sun is going in and out of the clouds, so not ideal, but every few minutes we get a nice glimpse.

4 Likes

I missed the total eclipse in 2017.

That was unbelievably cool!

2 Likes

We saw the one in 2017 at my parents’ place in Wyoming. That was pretty cool. We’ll only get a partial here in EaNC. We’re not as excited about this one as opposed to 2017. Still should be interesting to see.

addendum:

We were just watching our partial here. I think we got to a little over 50% coverage. Environmentally, it got dimmer and cooler. Our neighbor’s poultry (chickens and ducks) got louder, and seemed a little confused. The carpenter bees (bane of our house) seemed unfazed. Not as cool or interesting as 2017 for us, but still nice to see. The light change seemed more like an overcast day then brightened back up.

1 Like

LOL, were staying at an AirBnB outside Dallas and the rooster is going off. He’s very confused.

4 Likes

Go, Bills.

Ahead of the solar eclipse, 309 people gathered in Niagara Falls, Canada, to break the Guinness World Record for the largest group of people dressed as the sun. -bbc.com

2 Likes

This is a still shot from a video I took of my son yesterday. Thunder Mountain trail near Bryce Canyon. I was pretty excited when lightening showed up during the video.

5 Likes

Spent time in Ogden area this weekend… first time in nearly a decade.

5 Likes

Pineview Reservoir has NEVER been completely full to the brim in my lifetime, that I witnessed… I was shooketh

2 Likes

Not as amazing as the other pictures here; but as I am binge watching Star Trek: The Next Generation right now, it seems showing off the nerdom…

6 Likes

Make sure you follow that up by watching “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”, an even better show than TNG.

1 Like