The cool pictures thread

I showed my older kids BladeRunner for the first time a couple months ago. They didn’t like it. They wanted to know why everyone was so sweaty?

1 Like

You should tell them that Blade Runner is set in 2019, so global warming.

1 Like

It prolly started with this:
hqdefault

1 Like

11 Likes

So I’ve been busy. Have been everywhere. Just a few shots from my travels. I think these are mainly from San Juan County and the West Desert. Many, many more. And lots to see still.

7 Likes

Those are quite good!
Some are striking.

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s good to be back. Have been all over the place…literally.

Hey Steggy - you’re a west desert guy, too? I have a bazillion photos of the Great Basin.

Here’s a photo of Pilot Peak, NV - from the Wasatch, 120+ miles away - with Antelope Island and the GSL in the foreground.

Here’s a photo of Desert Peak, the highpoint of the very isolated Newfoundland Mountains. (Lake Bonneville shoreline lines very visible)

6 Likes

This is Frisco. You can see the mine in the photos. Worth looking into the town. Very Butch Cassidy.

7 Likes

Here’s one closer to home - above the U on Mount Van Cott:

8 Likes

Sometimes the photos jump into your camera / phone. Tonight was one of those times

7 Likes

Hey LA, here’s a picture I took the other day walking my dog in the neighborhood.

3 Likes

Man, I miss scenes like that. They’re just not available here in NC, no matter what part of the state of NC you’re in.

I was in Mesquite, NV for a couple of days between Christmas and NY Eve. I got to see snow on the mountains around Mesquite. I was happy to see it. I didn’t last long, but still got to see some.

Some of the pics you guys have posted have been wonderful for my spirit. Seeing the desert, the mountains, and the West has been fun. Thank you guys.

1 Like

I often think when I commute, “why do I ever have a bad day”? I’ve never been in an urban environment that’s quite as stunning salt lake valley. Having access to all these beautiful canyons

1 Like

is that the Heber valley?

Ogden Valley

Wow, those are some huge dogs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We really haven’t had serious inversions this winter - yet - but here’s what it looks like when it’s socked in with fog below. Pyramid Peak above Bountiful, looking north. A little higher than Lake Bonneville shoreline, but this is what Lake Bonneville might have looked like.

8 Likes

went to Goblin Valley for the first time a few weeks ago

3 Likes

Did you go over to Little Wild Horse Canyon while you were there? That is one of my family’s favorite hikes.