The cool pictures thread

7 Likes

I’m on vacation…guess where.

4 Likes

Green Mask Utah?

That’s San Juan County

Mesa Verde, CO?
I love the Cortez/Durango area. Some very fun mountain bike trails there, as well as Native American history and heritage.

3 Likes

Mesa Verde is correct!

We’ve also visited the Canyon of the Ancients, Four Corners, and drove around Durango this morning.

2 Likes

Ditto #2

“Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
Give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world’s a sunny day, oh yeah”

2 Likes
                           *** SECRET ***

Vandenberg Space Force Base

Surf VAFB - Boat House

*** SECRET ***
7 Likes

Watching the wife tourist shop is an expensive adventure.

That is all.

5 Likes

Is that your AirBnB?

3 Likes

I thought it was, but the Ranger said no.

My arraignment is next week. :wink:

3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve got a rock solid defense.

2 Likes

A defense? Yes…sort of.

The only thing remotely close to solid about it is the Pueblo houses were there. Everything else is kind of like quicksand.

The trip to Portland and Covallis was nice, the game - not so much.

On the flight home, a nice shot of Mount Hood, Mt. Adams (right) and Mount Raineer (distant left)

9 Likes

Dang good photo @Ma-ake !

1 Like

Thanks!

I saw that view, imagined what it was like with those volcanoes back in dinosaur times, before BYU fans… I had to take that shot.

2 Likes

We’ve stayed at the Timberline Lodge, at the Base of Mt Hood. One of a number built by the CCC during the depression. Stunningly beautiful; particularly at night by the fire. Very reasonably price for the level of ambient beauty, hospitality and things to do.

7e327361

4 Likes

You have to love that knotty pine interior paneling that the CCC used all over the place. I’ve been to so many places that looked exactly like that first photo and loved every one of them.

I knew a gentleman from central Utah, who passed away a few years ago, who was a Ute Alum and a dedicated Ute fan (primarily basketball). He came back to the US after finishing his tour of duty in WWII as a pilot, then went immediately to, and helped develop, the Jackson Hole area prior to returning to SLC and starting his own very successful water management, and construction company. He finished his own basement in the St. Mary’s area with knotty pine as a reminder to what he had seen done by the CCC as a younger man and what he had done in Jackson.

2 Likes

Swiss Alps leaving Milan

3 Likes