The cool pictures thread

I shoot with an SRT-101 along with a bunch of other film cameras.

2 Likes

I am. I take it from your avatar that you are, too?

The 101 was a classic model. I can’t remember…does the shutter speed go up to 1000? My SRT 100 only goes up to 500 but is a great camera.

1 Like

I am! Are you in the city?

Yeah, I love it, except maybe the fact it weighs about 30 lbs. I’ve got a Vivitar Series 1 zoom that I use on it and love it. It does go to 1000, which I think was the main thing that was added beyond the SRT 100.

I love my SRT 100 and use it now for color film. I’ve loved all of my Minoltas.

2 Likes

My friend Travis snapping a shot at the GSL on Pioneer Day. I shot this with Cinestill 800t film. Cinestill is very cool…the same 35mm film they use for the movies.

5 Likes

I’m old school. I miss Kodachrome 64. It seems like the color with that film was better than anything else I’ve used.

2 Likes

Ditto!

1 Like

Now I’m needing to post a song on the other thread. Kodachrome film was the best. Unfortunately my parents only bought the GAF stuff because it was cheaper. It made all our pictures look grainy.

2 Likes

Didnt know where to post this, but at the NED vs RSA World Cup in Sydney

6 Likes

I wished they would have kept the galaxy gold throwback color a while longer. I didn’t really get any good pics of it before they painted it back to white a few months ago.

Off my back deck in Billings

8 Likes

An old gas station in Geneva, Idaho. The first time I saw this place was in about 1978. It was already permanently closed and deteriorating then, but it still had an old glass top gas pump.

I wish I had that old pump…

7 Likes

Could not agree more. It’s what I shot during my glory days at the U with my beloved Nikon F3.

3 Likes

Yes, right smack dab in the city.

2 Likes

saw this little guy on a walk the other day

3 Likes

Early morning clouds above Centerville

9 Likes

Skyline Drive! Great shots. You can see Pilot Peak, NV on a clear day, if you’re high enough.

I believe the last photo of some charred oak brush was a byproduct of that wildfire that started during the 2019 “and then Zack Moss ran it down their throat” BYU game.

It was surreal coming back on Frontrunner after midnight to see the mountain on fire.

3 Likes

Will never forget that fire, came within 20 feet of our house in Bountiful. I would like to think me watering down the vegetation in my back yard helped. When actually and thankfully a fire truck showed up on the fire break road just before the fire got into my trees and gave the 20 foot flames a good dousing.

It did put a damper in our celebration of Utah taking care of BYU shortly before the fire.

2 Likes