The cool pictures thread

I starred this post, but I felt like flipping the bird out of jealousy.

2 Likes

That canola field photo looks like it was taken West of Cardston likely near Leavitt.

1 Like

Bingo. There were a few stretches along 2 north of Cardsten (coming down from Calgary) that were equally beautiful. I couldn’t get enough of them. There were some fields that were pink - any idea what those were?

3 Likes

Sulfur meets water meets iron! Nothing quite like touring an active super volcano!

3 Likes

Those are probably lavender. It’s an up and coming crop in Southern Alberta.

1 Like

An old shop/garage in rural south eastern Idaho. This building has the most unique roof I’ve ever seen.

It is a collection of very old Texaco Oil Cans, that were probably 18" high and about 15 inches in diameter. A few hundred of them were taken apart, rolled flat, and nailed in place on both sides of the roof. Close up:

7 Likes

This is pretty fascinating.

1 Like

…but it’s not the Edmund Fitzgerald. That’s the famous one no one can find.

Surely it was the inspiration for the song, however.

1 Like

You mean this song?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Oh they know exactly where it is. They even recovered the ship’s bell. The Edmund Fitzgerald Bell Recovery

1 Like

Currently in Athens and it is absolutely beautiful.

7 Likes

Cool for me, my new office space I built.

In finishing it I came up with the name of my current events/learning podcast - the Woodshed.

6 Likes

Not my photo, but pretty awesome picture of clouds over the Wellsville mountains.

https://twitter.com/ksl_matt/status/1612894160092291073?s=61&t=J5PayXNeu89IhEcogfMieg

9 Likes

Tsunami!

1 Like

This is a photo I took last spring with a Minolta SRT-202. I was at the end of a roll of film and I figured I’d take one last shot on my way out of Wendover. I used a brand of film that is actually leftover ATM film from the 90s. The film is high contrast and very grainy but I’ve actually had a lot of success with it. This photo was taken from a moving car which I think added to the exposure. It’s a favorite because of the experience I had out there and I think it’s kind of an interesting shot, and a lucky one at that.

7 Likes

An extra red start for the Minolta SRT-202 reference. I have an Minolta SRT-201 from the mid seventies, which isn’t my favorite camera, but it is surely my most used camera.

1 Like

I use a 201 all the time and I love it! Because it hasn’t broken yet!

Here is a film shot I took about a year ago from my roof. I unearthed it and edited it slightly. I saw that the sunset was hitting RES in the distance so I thought I’d share it here. I used Kodak Gold which has a very distinct look. Not my best photo by far but still a really nice shot of the Wasatch during golden hour.

6 Likes