The cool pictures thread

Granby, CO

Sydney Harbor

3 Likes

Greenland and noctilucent clouds ( base of clouds 200,000 to 350,000 ft.

5 Likes

Oops, should have edited a little bit😖

I took this I during an October trip to Mount Rushmore. The day before was beautiful and sunny. I liked the way the water ran off the faces.

4 Likes

Excellent photos.

They were crying because of Trump!

6 Likes

Father in law finished his show car last week. 1965 Corvair.

8 Likes

I know absolutely nothing about cars, but it sure does look cool.

1 Like

I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper, that is my favorite car of all time - still drive it, but it is getting very tired. I would love to turn it into an electric vehicle - are you familiar with or have any recommendations for an organization that does especially good custom work in this area?

1 Like

The best part of “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” was all of the classic rides Seinfeld was able to rustle up. That car would’ve made a great car for Jerry to pick up Larry David.

@330ute - Nice shots. One of the perks of having that as your office is some amazing photos for those who have the eye.

Impressed… with the shots & the office.

/endderail

Speaking of cool cars, I went to the Land Cruiser museum today. Talk about classic vehicles.

1 Like

Big Mountain last night.

8 Likes

Wow! Great shot.
Same shot with crop/edit choices:

5 Likes

A “Trulii” house in Alberobello, Italy.

FTFO!

5 Likes

Antelope Island in the foreground, Pilot Peak, Nevada in the distance, from Bountiful Peak

4 Likes

Last winter in my front yard. It was like somehow we moved to the Taiga the way the snow stuck to everything.

3 Likes

I’ve thought about hiking Pilot Peak then looked into it, sounds like there isn’t much of a trail so you have to hoof it straight up a steep talus slope for a few thousand vertical feet. I don’t know that my knees could take it on the way down.

1 Like

Yeah, the nice part about hiking Pilot Peak (“Waahkai” in Shoshone) is it’s not a long hike. The bad part is it’s over 4000 feet of vertical, in rugged terrain… and that’s if you 4WD as high as you can to Miner’s Spring on the SE corner.

I think about the best time to hike it is in September. Any earlier it’s a pretty marginal proposition if you can carry enough water to avoid getting dehydrated.

Here’s another shot of it from about 25,000 feet from the S-SW.

3 Likes