Super Bowl Best/Worse Halftime Show

And Up With People!

2 Likes

Did you know that Glenn Close was a member of Up with People back in their heyday? She was.

Not a bad song, just overplayed.

It’s fine, even if it’s ripped off from the Hollies.

There are much better Radiohead songs, but it’s not a poorly written song by any stretch of the imagination. Pablo Honey is pretty meh. For me it’s all about Kid A. That was a landmark album for me.

I did not.

Did you know that Glenn Close is from Big Piney, Wyoming? Beautiful sort of high prairie terrain in central Wyoming, in the shadow of the Wind River Mountains.

I think her dad was my graduation speaker in 2001 at the U. Maybe it was one year before in 2000.

Saw them perform in Washington DC when I was just a child

That’s why the Lennon-McCartney combo was so successful. Each held the other at bay; McCartney from getting too schmaltzy and Lennon too serious and pretentious. Together they were magic; apart you get “someone’s knocking at the door” and anything with Yoko.

1 Like

3 Likes

Was at the SB post 9/11 tragedy. U2 performed and it was solid. Bono opens his jacket to the stars & stripes with the deceased names scrolling on the big screen. It made an impact. Sat next to some random Pats fan who sobbed like a baby after the game.

Trying to remember – what it Black Eyed Peas that showed up wasted in Dallas? Horrible show. Makes my worst ever. Funny enough a few months later I happened to catch them again. Second row with my kids and they were great with them. Much, much better show.

Welcome to the experience of the Grateful Dead.
Much more in the 80’s & 90’s…