Super Bowl Best/Worse Halftime Show

I have probably only seen half the Super Bowls since its inception. It does seem to have gotten to be more sizzle than steak over the years but there have been some very exciting games and decent halftime shows.
Wondering what folks were thinking for a best/worst halftime show ever?

Best:
Paul McCartney
Prince
Tom Petty

Worst:
Maddonna
The Who
Bruce Springsteen

How is Springsteen on the worst list?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. I thought it was gratuitous at the time. Flame away if you need, but, I never got the hype about Bruce.
Nice guy/Excellent writter & musician. I just never appreciated his stage presence.
I would also include the Stones and the Who. Maybe Iā€™m just constipated and crankyā€¦

1 Like

Are we talking favorite artist or best show? Because Iā€™m not a Katy Perry or Bruno Mars fan but their half time shows were really good. On the flip side I like the Stones and Bruce Springsteen but their halftime shows both sucked.

Prince on the other hand, I like and his show was awesome, so Iā€™m giving my vote to Prince as the best.

2 Likes

Prince is a nearly unanimous #1.

5 Likes

I guess high energy and creativity arenā€™t for everyone.

1 Like

Trans slap gus? Transmission clap bust? Baby I was born not to run?

Springsteen sucks. Total non talent.

2 Likes

Ideas like this are a good litmus test to discern who doesnā€™t really understand music.

Some people think they like music, but it turns out they donā€™t even ā€œgetā€ music. Itā€™s like the guy who thinks he likes steak but always orders it medium well. That dude doesnā€™t even know what steak is.

3 Likes

I think all SB halftime shows have been barely ok at best, regardless as to who the entertainer is. Might as well have an attractive, half-dressed woman jump around and shake it, and then get back to the game.

McCartney on any ā€˜bestā€™ list negates any following opinion. McCartney is a no talent assclown. He should be in prison.

2 Likes

How much time does one get for ass-clownery?

1 Like

I think he has talent. But Iā€™m not in the ā€œBruce is Godā€ club. Coming from the East Coast, Iā€™m aware of how unpopular it is to question anything about Bruce. Ever.
But I was a Yankees fan in Boston, soā€¦

Whatā€™s with that song-ending-for-an-hour-outro schtick though?
Not super creative

I entirely agree.

The half time show should be marching bands.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what it used to be.
I do like the modern approach more. I donā€™t have a problem with it all. I just thought Iā€™d start a thread for fun to see what people are passionate about.

Yeah, USC Band plating Tusk!

Life.

1 Like

Paul McCartneyā€™s never going to die. His hair is all natural and itā€™s fabulous.

1 Like

There was a halftime show??? Wait!!! There was a game, too???

All I saw was a documentary on Amazon Prime. :film_projector:

Ok, no Raidersā€¦no watchie!!! I will say the buffalo wings turned out awesome, and the cheesy twice-baked potatoes hit the spot, too.

Who says you canā€™t at least have a great meal before watching something other than the game.