Super Bowl Best/Worse Halftime Show

Another guy who eats steak medium well and thinks he knows what meat is.

1 Like

Total shred guitar solo

1 Like

LIFE IMPRISONMENT.

That is definitely the worst Christmas song ever.

I thought about posting 100 youtube videos of some of the greatest music ever written, but then I felt bad that I would be boasting. It would be like showing a struggling classmate my A+ math test.

But it raises a fun question. What all time musician has the best worst song?

OK I’ll start with one from my all-time favorite The Clash. “We Are The Clash” from the final Cut The Crap album. The band had already broken up with drummer Topper Headon having been fired due to his heroin use and booting lead guitarist Mick Jones. So it was just Joe Strummer and Paul Simonon trying to carry on when they really should have called it quits. It was so bad I never bought the album, but “This is England” is reminiscent of the core Clash days, if you can ignore the electronic drums.

Rolling Stone:

“The politics are confused (“Right wing, left wing/I want something”), the tinny guitars and doltish backing vocals echo distantly like they were recorded in a tube station, and the title – well, that’s just an outright lie. Joe Strummer’s stubborn, misguided determination to soldier on after booting Mick Jones did result in one genuine late-career classic, “This Is England,” but this exercise in feigned solidarity doth protest two much – neither manager Bernard Rhodes (the track’s co-writer) nor the hired guns punking stodgily behind Strummer were the Clash, and Joe sings like he knows it. No wonder he later disavowed the Jones-less Cut the Crap , admitting, “I just went, ‘Well ■■■■ this,’ and ■■■■■■ off to the mountains of Spain to sit sobbing under a palm tree, while Bernie had to deliver a record.”

1 Like

Queen - Bicycle Race

1 Like

This is a double whammy.

Artists:
Paul McCartney
Stevie Wonder

Both are great artists… but together they produced this?!?

Ebony & Ivory

BTW - perhaps we should start a new thread for this, I’m certain there are a LOT out there, but I tend to think only of the best of the artists I enjoy, and forget the worst.

2 Likes

Yeah. Like that no-talent hack Mozart. Austria has never been able to live down what they let that guy get away with.

2 Likes

Yes, he has written a lot of fluffy, formula-type things over the years, many of which I don’t care for. And I have to admit that I have not followed him very closely since the Beatles split, but there are HUGE number of great pieces of music written by this guy, particularly when he was collaborating with John Lennon.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly

2 Likes

Paul McCartney

1 Like

Not their best look…
But, I used to listen to it all the time on a road bike with a then novel Walkman

So well written.
Good onya

Back to the half time show discussion. Taint what I was expecting see.

2 Likes

You sir, deserve more stars for that one.

1 Like

But I would probably have to put in
Dylan
The Band
Amrosia
Bruce Springsteen
Bruce Springsteen
I Kid! I kid…!

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.

1 Like

Actually “Friday” by Rebecca Black is the worst song ever.

Further proof. Here’s the thing. Bad songs are a -10 versus a +1 for good songs. They get stuck in your head and for some reason, they get played over and over and over. But the Christmas song alone should count for -1000. It is beyond horrible. It is sheer torture.