Start of Conference play

Two in a row baby!! Thats what i like to see!! Go utes!!

5 Likes

Man I swear the way the refs call college ball makes it hard to watch. They call way too many offensive fouls. They tried to stop flopping by adding a rule so they can call a ā€˜flopā€™ but it seems like they call a flop when they shouldnā€™t but then ignore real flops.
Anyway, good win on the road.

1 Like

Just watched the Running Utes get a tough, ugly road win in Overtime at Wazzu, ugly, but itā€™s a W

3 Likes

In honor of the Raiders motto, the Utes are keeping the faith and following it.

#JustWinBaby

Maybe we might be pretty good. Itā€™s still early. Butā€¦weā€™ve only lost twice and those two teams that we lost to have collectively lost only once.

Weā€™ll see.

I too supported the Craig Smith hire, and expected a steady, methodical rebuild of the program. Every indication is that weā€™ll still see that, but Iā€™m thinking it might go a little faster than we expected. I really liked the poise and toughness they showed in the last 8:00 against Arizona. Under our prior coach the team would often fall apart in such situations. This team didnā€™t. They kept their foot on Arizonaā€™s neck. That says a lot about the culture Smith is building.

2 Likes

Going on the road and getting a win on the Palouse was big, too. Wazzu is better than what their record says right now.

Now to finish the non conference games strong.

GO UTES!!!

3 Likes

I watched the Wazzu game, my first game to see the team this year.

We play a lot better defense than we have in almost twenty years. That allows us to hold leads like Arizona and come back on teams like Wazzu.

4 Likes