Spring Camp 2024

What was said after Day 1 of Spring Ball: Dorian Singer

Impressive young guy. The first thing he mentioned was our culture.

Dorian Singer gets it. It’s only March, but it will be fun to see these new guys in the 22 game, then get cranked up in August.

4 Likes

What was said after Day 1 of Spring Ball: Micah Bernard

2 Likes

What was said after Day 1 of Spring Ball: Cam Rising

3 Likes

For those of you with Instagram. It’s good to see Cam running and throwing!

Feels good to be back

3 Likes

I’m hoping for a high-level portal transfer to give Utah an option come Fall.

1 Like

Well, I’m curious to see how Rose looks this spring, and Isaac Wilson’s long term health status is a big unknown. Hopefully we will learn more about those two over the next few weeks. One way or another, we need a viable backup. Barnes was obviously not the answer over the course of a whole season, but he was pretty solid when asked to fill in for a single game or a few snaps in a pinch. We might miss that.

3 Likes

I would love getting a good transfer portal quarterback as well along with seeing both Rose and Wilson impress. One of the three would probably be a win. I thought Wilson needed surgery this off-season but haven’t heard mention of it lately.

Here are more camp notes:

What was said after Day 1 of Spring Ball: Kyle Whittingham

Utah freshman QB Isaac Wilson is focused on earning the respect of teammates

Unless it is decided that Rose will never be a BigXII starting QB, I would rather roll with him as QB 2 as opposed to bringing in a transfer.

5 Likes

I was hoping for a transfer for QB1.

Utah Offensive Coordinator Andy Ludwig Is Looking To Get Guys Up To Speed

2 Likes

Utah Defensive Coordinator Morgan Scalley Focused On Defensive Backfield Depth

1 Like

To replace Cam?

2 Likes

Well, yes.
What is the chance there is still a situation to the injury and/or recovery that will give us another lackluster year?

Should we miss the chance to find a QB from a top program, especially someone who played significant minutes last season?

Do you have anyone in mind?

I would be really interested to know what “top P5” QB would want to come to a program with an established starter, and in the time of NIL, no less.

5 Likes

I don’t pay attention to that world to have anyone in mind, but I assume that there might be someone.

He didn’t play a second last year.

Yet he’s still the established starter.

3 Likes

It’s puzzling to me as well.

I’m not puzzled. I’m saying he’s the starter and it’s not likely at all that we get some top flight P5 QB to come here.

4 Likes

I suppose it’s better that way. Change is difficult.