Rising’s coming back

https://twitter.com/crising7/status/1726353720081039830

If everyone heals up and STAYS healthy, we could have a really nice team next year.

10 Likes

Here’s the video:

https://x.com/crising7/status/1726353720081039830?s=46&t=h_Eq76aP8cgcS9Aak9q5qA

1 Like

This really is a best-case scenario.

• Utah gets back a proven QB and undisputed team leader on a team that will moat likely be the immediate favorites to win the B12 and probabky go to the CFP.

• He made the announcement early enough that the coaches can make that enticing sales pitch to grad transfers who may want to jump on board.

• Cam gets a chance to prove that he can still play, and will get another nice NIL payday, which is probably as much (or more) than he’d make as an UDFA in the NFL.

• Wilson gets the chance to come in and learn the ropes from an Utah legend while he makes the adjustment to college ball.

I know this will lead to some transfers (likely Johnson and Rose), but barring another injury or a significant setback in Rising’s performance, this feels like really good news and really good timing.

4 Likes

I’d say Johnson is more likely to go than Rose. Won’t Rose be a RS freshman?

1 Like

Rose was here last year. I think he’s going to be a RS-soph next year.

1 Like

With his speed and quicks, Nate could become a great wide receiver or a lockdown corner.

4 Likes

Barnes will transfer.

3 Likes

I don’t think he will. He’s got a scholarship to a great Institution, he doesn’t have visions of grandeur ( Tuttle, Brewer ) I believe he’ll be happy backing up Cam and being a part of what could be a special season. Just my opinion.

6 Likes

I really hope you’re right. He’s proven that while he certainly doesn’t have an elite skill set, he can win (or at least compete) more often than not at this level when he needs to.

I love the kid and really hope he sticks around.

5 Likes

I’d be very surprised if he stays.

I’d like to see this happen: Rising starts (of course) and leads Utah a really, really good season—winning the Big 12 and contending for a playoff spot. Johnson moves to WR, and Barnes stays as an emergency backup. Meanwhile, Rising mentors Wilson, who redshirts and gets in for some garbage time (but not in too many games that it burns his redshirt). This leave Rose and Bottari as the odd men out.

1 Like

But he could probably go to a G5 and be the guy. Depends on what’s most important to him I guess.

4 Likes

We win the Big 12, we are in the playoff. 12 teams next year. Conference champs plus wild cards. They are still working on potential revision, but for now, top 6 conference champs go.

3 Likes

Do you say this because he is graduating before next year (is he graduating)?

Stevenson Slyvester said on Bill Rileys show today that he anticipates Barnes, Rose and Johnson will all transfer with this news. I hope we can keep at least one of those three.

1 Like

My guess is that Barnes stays. His future is in his degree, not football. Nate leaves. Rose stays. Howard leaves. Wilson arrives.

1 Like

Has Wilson actually signed an LOI yet or just “committed?” Those “commitments” tend to be fluid these days, witness for example Bo Tate’s offer from Stanford after his early commitment to Baylor.

1 Like

Looks like U$C is going after Scalley .

1 Like

Honestly this probably helps Wilson.

He has to have knee surgery this winter, so even if he’s an early enrollee he’s likely out until fall. He can rehab and learn from Cam and be ready to go the year after.

1 Like