Pac 12 to expand into Southern California and Texas?

Whistling past the graveyard, brother.

Right…

4 Likes

In one breath you talk about how arrogant it is for the PAC to raid the Big XII, but in the next mention that UA and ASU are destined for the Big XII.

Something pot …Kettle … black.

4 Likes

It’s arrogant to act like we’re too good for the Big12. It’s ignorant to think the PAC is going to raid the Big12 and not the other way around.

1 Like

They have signed away their rights for the next 6 or 7 years. There is financial penalties THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE

1 Like

NO ONE IN DFW CARES ABOUT SMU

1 Like

Sigh, this is like the old days of Utefans where every other post was a byu troll.

6 Likes

The PAC 12 CANNOT RAID THE BIG 12 !!! THE DEAL IS DONE FOR THE NEXT 6 YEARS.

The lack of reality of fellow UTE fans on this site is depressing.

PAC12 is in serious trouble

1 Like

Also like old days offseasons on Utefans. Esp. before PACmas. Conference moves always bring out the the opinions. Opinions are like @$$-holes. Everyone has one and they typically stink.

5 Likes

shouldnt you be working on your MLM downline, your victims arent going to scam themselves?

7 Likes

Except he’s right. Not sure why you want to blindly hold onto a false reality, but there will be no raiding of the Big12. It’s absolutely going to be the other way around. My point is that we should be positioning to get ON that train, not giving it the finger. Our fanbase is living in a fantasy world from some reason.

1 Like

cool

2 Likes

WTF? I moved from LA to the border of KY, Ohio and WV and I kid you not people were blowing their heads off at a higher clip and doing more drugs than anywhere I have lived in my life. WVU is not what I think of when I think “beauty.” If for some reason I have to drive from NYC back home to the Nashville area I will drink five pots of coffee to make sure I don’t have to stay the night in that Pennsylvania/Maryland/WVU area. Hell, I don’t even like being in Western Virginia by Va Tech.

I’ll take farm town Corvallis over Morgantown and I am not a fan of the Beavers neck of the woods. Maybe compared to Pullman you have a shot… But at least you can escape to Spokane or get to Seattle. The best you can do in WV is go to Pittsburgh or DC. Which now that I type it I understand those suicide #s.

1 Like

Having lived in Pittsburg, and rode my bike into that sliver/panhandle of WV, I think that area is beautiful. Still, like Bama, I’d take the northwest.

It’s beautiful but depressing. Plus, being as good looking as I am I can’t risk it. I may hear that banjo and I don’t roll with anyone who’s great at Archery.

1 Like

When I strip out the four exiting schools and insert the new schools, I count two B12 schools in the final football rankings and four P12 schools. In the Way too early polls I count three B12 schools and four P12 schools.

In basketball I have six B12 schools currently ranked and two P12 schools.

I understand your argument. There’s merit to it. I like alternate ways of viewing what’s happening. But, I don’t think it’s time to panic…just yet. The B12 lost its two marquee programs and added four spare schools. The P12 lost one marquee program and another top tier program and is considering adding two spare schools. I’d like to see how this shakes out a bit before waving the white flag. You may be right in that the best move is position ourselves for the B12, but, the B12 was left for dead just a couple of years ago and seemed to recover. We may be able to recover as well.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter if the fanbase is arrogant, the most intelligent in the world, humble, stupid. Fanbase won’t have any impact on what happens. It’s all the ADs, conference commissioners, university presidents, tv executives. Not like quieting any opinions on a fan board is going to change anyone’s mind.

4 Likes

Truth. And I hope our leadership is being smart about this. I just thing our base is in for a rude awakening when we land in the Big12, and it should be cause for celebration instead of angst. We should be hoping we land in the Big12. If they decide they only want 4 I can see us being left out. They’ve already got BYU for the Utah market, and CU would be another Mountain time zone school. They don’t really need us, especially if UW goes (Oregon has similar delusions of grandeur at the moment, and is angling first and foremost for an invite from BIG).

LOL. Pittsburgh is pretty cool. It’s a progressive city. Outside of it, not so much.

2 Likes

They have that sammich with fries as well! Pittsburgh does have a cool factor about it. My first college roommate was from Pittsburgh. Other than the yellow towels he was not too bad.

2 Likes