PAC 12 Portal Transfers

The similarity between the insufferability of ardent USC fans and ardent BYU fans is really striking. Someone should write a doctoral dissertation on it someday. :grin:

5 Likes

One fan base has earned it. The other has not.

3 Likes

One big difference is that none of us would be caught dead in a Dodge Chrysler Minivan or in a Costco food court.

FTFO!

8 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I’m just saying that the same behavior produces eyerolls: Invoking the glorious past and announcing that you are “back” before you’ve actually done anything to prove that you are indeed back.

You’re not doing that, but plenty of true believer fans are. Contrast that mindset with that of Utah fans, who have had their hopes shattered so many times that we don’t believe anything great will happen until time runs out on the scoreboard with our team ahead. Go Utes!

4 Likes

Alabama LB Shane Lee heading to Trojans:

He has talent. Junior LB from Maryland who had six tackles this season. Similar to Ale Kaho who went to UCLA last season.

UCLA snagged someone from The Harvard Crimson. All Ivy League Defensive Lineman:

Jaxson Dart heads to Oxford to run Lane Kiffin’s offense. Also TE Trigg:

If Caleb Williams decides to stay or bolt to Wisconsin, who does U$C have at qb?

They still have Miller Moss but that isn’t a great start to the Lincoln Riley era if that is their best option.

“Hotty Toddy”………? Sounds like the name of a drink from the Abbey in WeHo.

FTFO!

Maybe Jack Tuttle has some eligibility left​:rofl::rofl::flushed:

Lol. Weirdly he does. Also weird I think we are distant cousins on my Mother’s side. Jack, Billie Eilish and I holding it down for the Tuttle family generations later.

Are you being intentionally homophobic? It’s based on their WWII chant that derived from the drink. It’s actually pretty great and their tailgate is a billion times better than anything SC has:

No. Where else am I going to dance to Britney Spears?

FTFO!

1 Like

This is a very fair point. Lol.

Hot Toddy’s are for when you get a bad cold with chest congestion. Works better than NyQuil.

Tailgate drink??? Hard pass

Now a Hot and Spicy Bloody Mary…there is a tailgate drink!

1 Like

Yeah, no one drinks that for the tailgate. Gotta remember this is the college of lawyers and authors. It’s basically bourbon and vodka.

1 Like

Back in the day, the fraternity “tailgate” drink was something we called “Red Death.”

Mix of Hawaiian Punch Concentrate, Bacardi 151, and cheap beer. When mixed correctly, you can’t smell or taste the alcohol. One 22oz cup and about 30 minutes…you’re totally drunk.

2 Likes

Bacardi 151 is for the 18-25 year olds. After a certain age it will destroy your week.

2 Likes

Buy a jar of maraschino cherries, drain the liquid and replace it with Bacardi 151. Let it sit for a few days. They’re awesome.

4 Likes

We had a pretty similar recipe and just used the generic “jungle juice” title. Pretty sure ours had both Everclear and vodka in it though

I do know it entirely blanked out one unfortunate mid-90’s New Years for me.

1 Like