PAC 12 Farewell MBB Season Thread

Four technicals? Yowza!

I only personally witnessed two, and they were on players for being idiots.

3 Likes

He’s not going to say how he feels, guys.

4 Likes

Gee that’s a shame. I really feel badly for Bobby.

2 Likes

As soon as Dan Hurley won the natty I knew Bobby was going to become even more of a high strung weirdo than before.

You guys may laugh, but Bobby prolly can’t even go home for Thanksgiving and stuff like that. (Foot stomp)

7 Likes

Could someone explain to me how UCLA loses to Utah by 46 and then proceeds to win two games, including one at ASU, and then is up by 17 at Arizona just before half? Crazy conference.

5 Likes

Arizona really seems to be falling off lately.

1 Like

Why do a lot of people on this board say “byu-provo?” Is it some kind of insult that I should use in the future?

In the same vein as BYU-Idaho.

3 Likes

Why? Cuz it irritates most BYU-Provo fans. Yes use it in the future, because it irritates them.

4 Likes

Wow…came back from 19 down to win it.

1 Like

Rick Majerus was right, this game (college basketball) is impossible to officiate.

1 Like

Irritating BYU-Provo Zoobs is ALWAYS on my bucket list of things to do every day.

6 Likes

Decapitalize it, too. They don’t deserve the added energy of your caps lock.

2 Likes

Wondering if PAC12 will only get 2 or 3 spots in the tournament.

• Right now, Lunardi has Arizona a 2, Utah a 7, and Oregon a 10 (automatic qualifier just because they were in 1st, but now tied with UA, ASU) with CU 1st 4 out.
  • NET has UA at 3, Utah 25, CU 33, WSU 52, Oregon 53, etc.
  • AP has UA 12, CU 39, Oregon 44, Utah 48

I think Arizona is in (although they have been vulnerable). Maybe two out of Utah, CU, Oregon, but will depend on who can hold home court and get a few road wins.

2 Likes

bracketologists.com has three in currently -
Arizona 1-seed, Utah 7-seed, Colorado 9-seed.

1 Like

IMO Its a little bit ridiculous that your NCAA tournament worthiness is determined largely on the team and conferences preseason.

The experts decided that the PAC12 was just okay because of a handful of games in November and December, while the Big XII was deemed world beaters.

When the PAC12 beats up on each other thats an indication that its just not that good. When the Big XII beats up on each other thats an indication that its a deep good conference with so much parity :confused:

6 Likes

Worthiness is determined largely by the NCAA Evaluation Tool (NET) rankings.

1 Like

NET is heavily skewed by preseason basketball, rankings of teams and conferences in October. Its flawed.

Encouraging teams to run up the score on the opponent in order to improve your NET rankings is bad for the sport.

3 Likes

Please elaborate on this.