PAC 12 Coaching Carousel musings…

Post edited

Post edited

1 Like

PAC12 turnover in the top 3 coaching spots in the conference isn’t ideal

:expressionless:

1 Like

Well the top spot in the conference has had the same coach since 2005……

13 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Post edited

3 Likes

If they really want Chip 2.0 back, and don’t want to pay a substantial buyout, Oregon will have to wait until after Jan 15th.

Given the piss-poor job he has done at UCLA, it seems like bringing him back would be throwing good money after bad results. Chip hates to recruit. He hates working with alums, boosters, and donors. All he wants to do is X and O. When Mike Belotti could cover for him, it worked. Belotti is no longer there to do that.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t know why Chip would go back or they would want him back other than just hoping to resurrect the past. Would he bring back 100 plays/game too? Just doesn’t seem like it’d be a good solution.

I don’t see Peterson coming out of retirement.

Nike U. obviously has the resources so it’s an attractive job. I’m sure they want to get someone in place quickly to keep many of the recruits as it was a highly ranked class.

Along with firings, seems like college coaching isn’t immune to The Great Resignation.

2 Likes

He seems like a really nice younger man, but I wonder how scarred he will become by the nightmare that is the USC booster base?

They love the “young guy” hire for optics. Truth is Kiffin is a better coach now than he was before or Riley is currently.

2 Likes

According to their Album, they know six songs (including Tusk). :wink:

“High demands”, absolutely, “little patience” not really. Lincoln Riley gets three full seasons to turn things around and if he doesn’t then it’s off-with-his-head too.

Personally, I think the revenge tour starts in 2022 as Helton did not leave the cupboards bare.

FTFO!

Band smack? Ok, I’m down - as they say.

How many Grammys does your band have?

FTFO!

1 Like

Post edited

The same number as Milli Vanilli.

5 Likes

Fact Check:

Steven Spielberg had to fly in USC’s band to play the part of ALABAMA’s band in the movie Forrest Gump even though it was filmed in Alabama’s backyard. Something about not being able to follow directions.

True.

FTFO!

4 Likes

Redacted

A Trojan with his band, a Bama fan with an HBCU band, and a fired PAC 12 coach walk into a bar. The bartender takes one look and says, “this is a coaches bar, why the hell are there two bands in here and who brought them? Our jukebox works just fine!”

2 Likes

Seems quiet on the Oregon front. Obviously working through things. Anyone hearing more from the twitterverse? Aranda hasn’t signed an extension yet, right? But I think he wants to coach the bowl game. Guessing Oregon doesn’t want to wait thay long (or for Chip’s buyout going away Jan 15). Aranda could he a great hire.

FALSE! Milli Vanilli’s Grammy was revoked! We only have football wins revoked.

FTFO!

3 Likes