COY - Whittingham
DPOY - Devin Lloyd Lloyd
FDOPY - Junior Tafuna
OPOY - Drake London
FOPOY - Jayden de Laura
COY - Whittingham
What are the bonuses Whittingham gets for making it to the NY6, winning the PAC-12, and being the coach of the year? If I remember correctly they are pretty significant.
It’s funny to go back and look at some of the pre-season all-conference predictions, compared to how it actually ended up.
Would love to see Kyle donate any bonuses to the TJ/AL scholarship funds
Redding First Team Pac-12 kicker…
The all-conference teams are out as well:
Utes on 1st team:
O: Rising, Thomas, Ford
D: Tafua, Lloyd
O: Kuithe, Daniels, Bam
S Cole Bishop, Fr.; DB Vonte Davis, Sr.; TE Dalton Kincaid, Sr.; OL Sataoa Laumea, R-Fr.; LB Nephi Sewell, Jr.
I hope Kincaid comes back next year - he could do something special and make a lotta money in the NFL as a result. Kuithe was amazing but I think that Kincaid can match him.
All very well deserved.
But let this particular one sink in: Cam Rising, 1st team All-PAC.
If that doesn’t represent our season, I don’t know what does.
Here before yBu fan boys talk about their “independence awards”
I thought it was .5 mill for South title
A million or so for Pac-12 title
Significantly more for major bowls or CFP. But that’s off memory
Are the videos for each award not working for anyone else? It plays about 10 seconds then jumps back to the start for me.
Looks like he’ll get $400k (NY6) + $100k (PAC12 South Champs) + $100k (final Top 25) + $55k (PAC12 COY) + maybe some for APR & GSR? + can get another $100k with a NY6 win. So last weekend basically gave him an extra $655k. Good weekend in Vegas!
- Bowl games: $400,000 if Utah appears in a New Year’s Six bowl or playoff game, or two month’s base salary (about $216,000) if his team makes any other bowl.
- Win NY6 game: $100,000 if Utah wins one of the New Year’s Six games.
- Pac-12 South champs: $100,000 if Utah is the Pac-12 South champ and appears in the Pac-12 Championship game, or $50,000 if Pac-12 South champ and does not appear in the championship game.
- Top 25 ranking: $100,000 if Utah is included in the final Top 25 poll in any of the Associated Press Top 25, College Football Playoff rankings or the USA Today Coaches Poll, or $15,000 if Utah appears in any of the previously-mentioned polls throughout the season.
- National Coach of the Year: $150,000 if Whittingham is named the National Coach of the Year.
- Pac-12 Coach of the Year: $55,000 if Whittingham is named the Pac-12 Coach of the Year, or Pac-12 Co-Coach of the Year.
- Football budget: $25,000 if the football program stays within its budget for the year. Whittingham will get an additional $5,000 for every $50,000 under budget.
- APR: Whittingham will receive one of the following based on his team’s NCAA Academic Progress Rate: $75,000 if the team’s APR is at least 980, $50,000 if at least 970, $25,000 if at least 960, and $10,000 if at least 950.
- GSR: Whittingham will receive one of the following based on his team’s NCAA Graduation Success Rate: $75,000 if the team’s GSR is at least 80 percent, $50,000 if at least 70 percent, $25,000 if at least 60 percent, and $10,000 if at least 50 percent.
I think this is a good list and don’t really have too many complaints. I think credit was given. I actually am surprised to see so few Oregon on 1st and 2nd team offense (Brown, Dye) but also don’t see who they would bump down.
3 All-Conference OL (+1 honorable mention)?! They’ve come a long way since early season. Award goes to Harding. And why Tavion is 1st team. A little surprised Pledger didn’t get honorable mention.
Thibodeaux loses to Lloyd for the third time this season.
Well, my predictions weren’t very good:
4th if you include PAC12 CCG MVP (Kayvon won it last year against USC when Oregon, the #2 North team subbed for U-dub and beat the 5-0 toejams).