Oregon 2022

Good job by the Quackers. Their defense made Rising look off the entire night. Although, 2 or Rising’s interceptions can’t be blamed on him. Those 1st 2 were tips.

Nix looked pretty good for being hobbled. Rising just looked off. Our defense played well, but holy cow did the offense put them into a hole a few times.

At least the team is going bowling, and next week should be a glorified scrimmage. I hope the back ups get lots of play time next week against Colorad9.

Again, Ducks did what they had to. They looked pretty good on offense, their defense made our offense look pedestrian at best. Our defense played pretty well.

1 Like

Yeah, the announcers. I’m surprised that they didn’t choke themselves to death.

2 Likes

This isn’t all on the players. Whit decided to go for it on 4th and 3 inside the 10 in the first half. Coaches made some errors but there was a much better effort in the second half.

Yes, credit to them. They deserved the win. It occurred to me that their head coach did a great thing in bringing in a free agent like Bo Nix. There’s no bitterness in my saying that, I’m just admiring him for playing the game by the new rules that everyone has been given.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Oregon is pretty average without him.

2 Likes

Don’t take just one word out of context. The “again” was to reiterated that the Ducks played well.

I replied to you accidentally. Just a general comment.

Lots of foks on FB blaming Rising. Being just brutal. It’s a team game folks.

4 Likes

I guess I don’t understand why we don’t take a very reliable backup quarterback and put him in for a couple plays - just to mess with their heads - and you know generate some interest and maybe even get some passes that don’t go into the dirt when Cam’s clearly having a bad night
I love this team, but as a team, get Jackson on the field too.

1 Like

Sigh, one more reason to stay off FB. Rising wasn’t great, but it wasn’t all on him. As @77ute said, there were some poor calls, and some dropped balls.

2 Likes

This loss is completely on him and he should shoulder a lot of the blame. Start the season with INT’s, end the seasons with INT’s.

A couple missed calls (block in the back and the hold on Enis) that had an impact on the game, a missed field goal, going for it in some questionable situations, Enis dropping a pass, the strange fourth down handoff to Thomas in the same way the fake to Parks was going, not pressuring Nix early, Whitt not reviewing the really bad spot, etc.

Team loss and coaching loss.

2 Likes

Holiday is most likely at this point, per my understanding. Shouldn’t be one of the early December bowls.

1 Like

We haven’t won a bowl since 2017…which pains me greatly. I don’t care which we play though I’d love to wash that Northwestern loss from my mind.

I want us to update the bowl record. Maybe we need to have the Snow Bowl so we could play at home…seems like that’s our one sure thing.

Last night was one we should have won and didn’t. As a Utefan it’s not a new feeling. If we steamroll Colorado next week the season will still be much better than I thought it was going to be after the Florida loss.

2 Likes
  • 6-0 at home, scoring the following: 73, 35, 43, 42, 45, 42. A 46.6 PPG average
  • 2-3 on the road, scoring the following: 26 (L), 34, 32 (L), 21, 17 (L). A 26 PPG average

When a team performs like world beaters at home with a favorable crowd but wilts on the road, that points to mental toughness. In our three losses this year, Utah has looked soft…especially on the offensive line. Scoring 20 fewer points in road games just isn’t going to cut it.

Regardless of what happens next week, this will likely go down as one of the biggest “what if” seasons in Utah history. A couple better decisions at both OR and FL likely have Utah CFP contention. Oh well…

5 Likes

The first 2 picks weren’t entirely his fault - batted passes create a chaos play that can go south. The third was emblematic of how he was weirdly off for just about all the game.

We’ve seen Cam carry us to incredible highs, and we’ve seen him be notsa good. When we remember Cam in the future, I hope we’ll mostly remember the SC game from this year. I think a lot of his legacy rests on us taking care of business next week and the bowl game.

End on a high note, Cam. For everyone.

Other plays didn’t help. The holding on Enis hurt. Defensive breakdowns. The missed FG attempt.

The sting might be greater because we had the game within our grasp (in spite of Rod Gilmore’s nomination broadcast for Nix for Heisman). If Oregon got redemption for last year, it had a lot more anxiety for them than our two blowouts, that’s for sure.

Now we have to pick ourselves off the carpet and not let Colorado’s Senior Day make last night a compound defeat.

3 Likes

An outsider’s view. This game like the UF game was definitely a “beat yourself” type of game. Obviously I am becoming somewhat Bias to the Utes but I think this team def should have two more wins.

6 Likes

I’d take Holiday, too, actually over Vegas. In a heartbeat. We have unfinished business in that bowl.

(And you’re in freaking San Diego. Take this option ten times out of ten compared to San Antonio.)

3 Likes

Against almost all logic and reason, however, Utah still has a shot at the PAC 12 Championship and a return to the Rose Bowl.

1. Beat Colorado
  2. Oregon St beats Oregon
  3. Washington beats Wash St.
  4. UCLA beats Cal

How, you say, when we’d be 2 losses and tied with Oregon who beat us? Because, in what I find to be a very odd set of circumstances, the tiebreaker is set up to account for the best common opponent. In this scenario that would be the Beavers since we didn’t play Washington, and we won against them and would get a rematch against USC in Las Vegas.

Makes my head spin.

5 Likes

2 Likes