Nick Saban

Just doing his job, I suppose. But no class. EDIT: The part of the quote about Utah appears to be fake. A pox upon whatever creep did that.

What a prick.

1 Like

I think I’ve heard that about him before.

1 Like

Looks like he’s feeling the angst of possibly being jumped by Utah. Maybe he’s heard some rumblings that the CFP Committee is looking to jump Utah up an extra spot. :slight_smile:

I’ve been saying for a couple of weeks that Alabama should be dropped a spot or two for playing Western Carolina at this point in the season. Well, it’s time!

Go Utes!

3 Likes

If Alabama doesn’t drop for playing WC, they should after they sit idle on CCG weekend.

3 Likes

Just for Nicky.

So, if by some bizarre set of circumstances, we fail to make the CFP, and fail to attain a Rose Bowl bid (I think it is highly unlikely at this point that one or the other will not materialize), I sincerely hope that we end up in a bowl game, anywhere, against Alabama.

I’ll go. I regrettably missed the last one…

It would poetic justice to have the Utes curb-stomp Nicky and his “uninterested” boys again.

And trust me, I’m certain they would!

2 Likes

Nick sure knows how to politic at the end of the year for himself

2 Likes

Didn’t he play a girl scout troop last week?

3 Likes

I get though, Iwish we would have played a team as tough as Auburn in 2008 as well. But hey, you play who’s on the schedule and whoever the bowl committee puts in front of you.

But if you want to play in the current playoff then win your division and conference (with 1 or less losses). He knows Utah will get the nod if we win out, and he’s prepping the arguments already. We’ll play a team as tough as Auburn if we win out, have played 9 P5 teams, have a stronger OOC schedule and stronger strength of schedule than them, as well as being a conference champion.

He’s trying to lobby now, but he’d be smarter to try to influence expanding it to 8 teams.

4 Likes

I could not agree more!

Maybe he needs to be reminded again about what it’s like to play Utah.

1 Like

Hope the article goes on every locker…

Fake quote. I watched the press conference. Saban doesn’t even mention Utah nor is he asked about it. He was hyping up Auburn though. The Twitter account linked an article and the article didn’t mention Utah. Most of the convo is about Mac Jones and Auburn’s D-Line (not team) being the best they played. Whoever wrote the OP photo is lazy hype journalism

1 Like

It was on Facebook so it must be true! :smile:

If it is fake then whoever created it is a TOBASH candidate. (Take Out Back And Shoot Him.)

If it isn’t fake it’s a face-palm moment for Tide fans.

1 Like

Completely fake. Saban is the most focused coach who snaps when people ask about rankings. You think he’s worrying about Utah’s SOS on Auburn week?

3 Likes

Y’all think this man is talking about playoffs?

all of this lobbying for who the top 4 could be solved with 8 team playoff. Not perfect but at least all p5 conference champs would be in, the highest ranking g5 and a few at large. There still would be debate about the at large bids but at least you get credit for winning your conference.

1 Like

I agree.
What is the argument against that scenario?

This appears to be the entire press conference. I watched the whole thing (and I deserve a medal for doing that). Nothing in it about Utah. Whoever added the bit about Utah is an execrable jerk. Personally, I blame the Ukrainians.

4 Likes