Nick Saban

Yeah, that was one of the boring PC. We have a few beat writers who will throw a softball up for him to have a rant every once and a while but that may come end of week.

16 teams. Every conf champ gets in and 6 at large. If we care about ā€œfair.ā€ If not, leave as is.

2 Likes

Argument always seems to be a combination of extending the schedule - in the guise that it is bad for ā€œstudent athletesā€ being away from class. Also costs/travel and wear and tear.

Seems like a it is all doable if the desire is there. 4 conference champs with best record get round 1 bye, conference champ with worst record or lowest rank plus the G5/at large bids play each other. Or many other iterations. Basically if they wanted to do it they could.

Or start season without three ā€œwarm upā€ games like other sports.
We risk injuries in any game.
Make the first game the season start?

It looks like itā€™s fake.

Did Saban talk about Bamaā€™s Schedule which has them playing 8 home games and 3 road games to date? Shameful. No kidding Auburn will be their first big test.

8 home games? You mean 7 home 4 road and 1 neutral. I mean, everyone knows that 1 extra road game for Utah at San Jose State is a killer.

Anyone who cracks on Saban has not been listening. Heā€™s the only coach (and school) in the SEC wanting to add an extra conference game and advocates all P5 schools should only play P5 non-conference. He was the one who mandated we play neutral site games against P5 when all we aged was G5 and FCS back in the day. Heā€™s also added future home and homes with:
Texas
Wisconsin
USF
Florida State
West Virginia
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
& Va Tech

agreed!

Or one less ā€œwarm-upā€ games, or any combination to allow for a playoff!

Or followthe Saban rule and all P5 teams agree to only play P5 teams

1 Like

Guys! Letā€™s keep talking about Utah! Thatā€™s how this thread started! BamaFanKy will be fine without us talking about his school. He does enough talking about the Tide for all of us.

3 Likes

Says the guy who started a thread titled ā€œNick Sabanā€ because of a Facebook post

2 Likes

BammaFaNKY,
Isnā€™t WCU an FCS team?

1 Like

Absolutely. So is Idaho State. If you guys are like Alabama fans itā€™s the game most poorly attended and should never happen

Itā€™s hoops season. This is painfully true

Yes, but we played them in the pre-season and Bama played them last week.

1 Like

Fair point. But the focus of the post is what Nick said about Utah. Now weā€™re talking about Alabama, its schedule, Mr. Sabanā€˜s virtues, how Alabama fans donā€™t really want their embarrassing schedule, and all of that. I might just close this thread. It was a bad idea to start it. Gives you a platform.

1 Like

You do realize there is only ā€œseasonā€ in college football. When they happen doesnā€™t matter.

Fair other than the statement never occured so I had to respond. I tend to respond to the lame ā€œBama ducksā€ narrative which is far from the truth as stated with prior post. That said, playing Western Carolina, Portland State, BYU, Citadel and other schools not on Utah or Alabamaā€™s level is a fair criticism

Iā€™m sure Bama has their cheer team in by the time the score hits the 50ā€™s

We play a meat grinder
Bama is playing patty-cake, late seasonā€¦
Iā€™m rooting for Auburn :wink:

Trust me. Losing your starting QB to Western Carolina (which happened in the early 2000s) right before Auburn sucked. We also play some FCS triple option team. These games are a crap shoot. We are guaranteed a ā€œWā€ but they have cost us in the past.

Also, win out and you have zero to worry about. Lose and youā€™re out no matter what. Utah controls itā€™s destiny