New coaches

It appears we are working hard to stock up and create depth. The truth is our kids played their ■■■■■ off, they just ran out of gas because the rotation was way too thin.

Anyway, we will get this figured out. Where East Provo’s guys who hit the fence go? Who knows.

1 Like

My hunch is no matter how good the relationship between Burgess and Lohner might be, I think the kid will want to wipe the slate blank, I think he’ll go out of Utah.

(If he comes to the hill, I will wipe my own slate blank and support him.)

2 Likes

Isn’t it funny how a place with so many people can be more wrong than a broken clock?

2 Likes

Yeah, he comes to Utah, I’ll be inclined to cheer for him. But still feel it’s not in our best interests to go after him.

If the kids he bugged out on 2 years ago (Carlson, Brenchley, others?) are OK with Lohner coming in, then he should be welcomed if the coaches think he will help win games.

5 Likes

Great point.

1 Like

If our coaches want Lohner, they’re the experts and familiar with the situation. Also, never give up on a young adult.

4 Likes

Both would be great fits for the team. As for the past if they help us win more games and fill seats bring sing them up! They would potentially fill our 2 starting forward positions.
A starting line up of Carlson Lohner Gideon Anthony Worster, with Keita Stefanovic Madesn Sanders off the bench would be a big upgrade over last year. We would still have 1 scholarships to fill (Both hasn’t announced yet) so anything could happen.
I think Lohner is a lock and Gideon is 50/50.

Also, it was the prior coaching staff that lost Lohner. This situation is a blank slate. I never consider choice of school a character issue.

1 Like

This seems like a complex situation. The pro-Utah side is…we have a coach he is close to, a very, very good friend`in Saunders, and we offer immediate playing time.

The pro-elsewhere side is…coming here means he has a guaranteed return trip to the MC and being in the same market. I could easily see him wanting a clean break and a fresh start.

The next layer of complexity…is Craig interested or does he have other targets in mind. I have no idea. Cant wait to watch this play out

Couldn’t agree more.

Is this your field? I don’t think you’re competent to make this decision.

Maybe you’re embarrassed about your social media record vilifying the kid.

1 Like

So a kid bailed on the prior program. You don’t say. He wasn’t the first. I don’t blame any kid for looking out for his best interests within the rule of law. That program was going nowhere but down. The fans’ fascism for the team is really silly. The stakes are a lot higher for players who are still kids. And I believe in redemption. If a kid wants to come back perceiving that opportunity is here now, I’m totally behind him. Nor will I dismiss him as garbage if he decides he’s better off somewhere else. What kind of a world do people think we live in?

2 Likes

What sad times are these when passing ruffians can say “ni” at will to old ladies !!

3 Likes

The rule of law?

Reality is the U took the high road and waved the rule of law for him, despite a lot of evidence rules were broken.

I don’t really care if he ends up at Utah or not, but pretending like what he did was all above board isn’t the road to go down.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the lectures. There are always the lectures. This wouldn’t be UF.net without them.

1 Like

What rule did he break?

How about this for a road not to go down. Not character attacking a kid who may be a Ute sooon. Runninute says he’s a lock.

Water under the bridge.

1 Like

My mind is bursting with cruel, on point comebacks. Bite my tongue. I’m taking the high road. Not going to personalize this.

IIRC he had signed with the Utes, then backed out. Coach K, instead of holding him to the NLI, released Lohner, allowing Lohner to go to BYU. What happened, cause Lohner to back out is open to debate, but that he backed out under cloudy circumstances is not open to debate.

1 Like

I know. He didn’t break any rules. You can’t specifically enforce a personal service contract. Krystkowiak released because he had to and it’s what they all do.

3 Likes