NCAA Tournament 2022

Coach Cal gave credit to St. Peter’s and basically threw his players under the bus. He actually had an ‘older’ team this year - even some 2nd year players ;). I’ve always though Calipari was a slimeball.

Sweet Kentucky tears

2 Likes

Same for Andy Enfield

2 Likes

Yeah, Enfield is really hard to like.

I can’t believe nobody here is talking about our Utes. Or did I miss a thread.

3 Likes

There is a thread titled Women’s BBall in Tourney

2 Likes

I have been posting on this thread, but nobody has really responded. I will continue to post on that thread about our wonderful women’s team.

1 Like

Arizona just kind of got hosed. There was a shot and a scramble. Zona comes up with the ball and a new shot clock, starts running their offense, and then the refs blow their whistle and go to the monitor and determine that the previous shot didn’t touch iron. So they reset the shot clock to 2 seconds. I think that Zona has a valid argument that they wouldn’t have tried to reset their offense if the clock shot hadn’t been reset. The coach was mad as hell.

1 Like

Plummer, Allen , Larrson now out of the tourney

Arizona won in OT

Didn’t mean to post that.

Seriously, I can’t do it. I can’t root for AZ even though it’s good for the league.

2 Likes

I’m loving this St. Peter’s v Purdue game. St. Pete has some of the most solid D I’ve seen in ages, especially their quick hands. Considering their tallest guy gives up 8 in to Purdue’s center, they have total guts going into the lane. Fun stuff.

1 Like

St Peters…holy ■■■■!

:peacock: :peacock:

1 Like

I hate to say this, but it was more exhilarating to watch that game than any Ute game in the last three years. It was the tourney at its best.

4 Likes

And now Miami goes to the Elite 8. They won 10 games last year.

1 Like

Iowa St. won 2 last year, so either way it was a turn around story. Wish it were the Utes. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

Only one #1 seed made it to the Elite Eight (KU). Either the talent gaps between teams has closed that much, or the talent levels have dropped that much.

Some lower(ish) seeds took awhile to gel in this transfer heavy environment so they don’t have the record to be a higher/#1 seed but meet their higher peak/potential this time of year. There also does seem to be more parity as talent moves fast if they aren’t getting what they want (minutes, $, …)

4 Likes

At first I thought that Villanova’s Justin Moore just screwed up by dribbling too much, then the replay showed his right calf or Achilles pop. As cringeworthy as one can see. Poor kid.

2 Likes

It has been a fun tournament, but ultimately we get three teams to the Final 4 who have been there a million times. Yawn.

2 Likes