“My favorite thing about BYU….”

Book banning isn’t a religious thing, it’s an extremist thing. This was a brilliantly written Op-Ed in the NYT from a High School kid in Burbank, California. California districts are banning books just like the uber fundamentalist in Florida and other red states. It’s bad in both locations.

3 Likes

The “hero” worship at BYU is 2nd to none.

1 Like

Ancient Greek athletes competed in the nude. I wonder where this guy’s mind is at. :thinking:

4 Likes

Honor code office. BYU PD turned him in

1 Like

We happened to catch the end of the Saints game Sunday. We saw that Taysom had done well, and I told my wife, “Now watch, the local media will be all over this.” Later that night we caught the sports on KUTV. Looong report on Taysom’s performance. They did mention that the Saints won, but that was incidental to the story.

Now, if only Jimmer had been in the stands watching that game…

4 Likes

That certainly made the relay races interesting.

6 Likes

Is that a baton or are you happy to see me?

2 Likes

The pole vault would have been interesting too😳

1 Like

Like stealing Utah State’s blue and calling it true blue or big blue. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Does anyone have the slightest idea what Cam Rising’s religious faith might be? Or that of any other Utah quarterback over the years?

6 Likes

???The religion of Drinking Adult Beverages and singing Utah Man???

Got no idea.

5 Likes

“B-Y-Jew”?

That is just off-the-charts level of cringe.

15 Likes

As a Jew, I find it offensive. But everything that the Zoobs do is offensive.

When “Jew” is used as an adjective, it can be anti-Semitic. This is right on the edge of being disgusting.

9 Likes

I always hate when someone from the community gives people a pass as if that makes it right.

3 Likes

Nope, and I really couldn’t care less.

6 Likes