“My favorite thing about BYU….”

No one answered Brad Wilcox??

8 Likes

^today’s internet winner^

4 Likes

Everyone answered with a lot of snorting and chortles.

Sometimes what is unsaid says more. :wink:

5 Likes

This is interesting. It might be a joke. Look at No. 13.

Unless the definition of a college party has been expanded to include me and my four best buds at the Creamery on Ninth after the basketball game, late last Saturday night, this is a joke.

4 Likes

I remember a poll like this in the 70’s where they ranked the top party schools. Wyoming was left off the list. The explanation was that college was for amateur contests and Wyoming was clearly professional when it came to partying.

3 Likes

Someone is having a little fun here. East Provo is annually the #1 stone-cold sober school in America.

1 Like

Yeah the whole thing is a joke/trolling. BYU & Liberty (dry schools), Blue Mountain St (fictional TV school), and some other questionable ones sprinkled in among actual party schools to cause confusion/uproar. Typical Barstool stuff.

The credit to the non-existent “American News United Syndication” is a nice touch :laughing:

1 Like

My daughter has a tee shirt.

I LIKE TO PARTY, AND BY PARTY, I MEAN NAP.

Maybe this list is code for Top 50 Nappinig Schools?

1 Like

LOL! I posted that late at night and on my phone so I could not see that (didn’t even try). Yes, a joke, and a good one.

1 Like

Add in singles ward family home evenings, linger-longers after church, tunnel singing, Relief Society activities, and I think by volume they would be ranked pretty high.

1 Like

Wait, so BYU is not a fictional TV school? Mind Blown! There are also many others on here that are fake, I mean FAU, what’s a Fau? Uab? San Deigo? Kentucky? All made up.

Then there’s Liberty. Justice and Freedom got screwed on this ranking, everybody knows that Liberty doesn’t even exist without the other two.

Get it together American News United Syndication NewsMax of OAN!

2 Likes

The answer is subsidized tution

1 Like

This video looks to be more of a “Liberals who went to BYU”. Those of us who are conservative and minorities really loved our time there. Those who are white and liberal hate it as well. Lots of conservative expectations from roommates, coed, professors, church leadership. . . Makes it difficult if you strongly oppose the near ubiquitous conservative values.

Just my opinion.

Plus I know I should keep out of BYU posts, I come here to update myself on UofU as that was my childhood team.

I wonder if this guidance, given today by the President of the Church, will have any impact on the BYU Athlete Exception?

“Today I reaffirm strongly that the Lord has asked every worthy, able young man to prepare for and serve a mission. For Latter-day Saint young men, missionary service is a priesthood responsibility."

1 Like

So, they’re called papal and not students?

2 Likes

You can fool some of the papel some of the time…

3 Likes

What Jon Wilner loves about BYU.

6 Likes

Yeah. My definition of tradition is slightly different than theirs.

4 Likes