More media and realignment news

Nothing terribly new for us here. But it is something resembling news.

Perhaps the media pressure in Tucson is a wee bit less intense to go to the B12, right about now.

6 Likes

The B12 is the worse case scenario & fallback option for Utah. Everyone knows it. What makes it even better was that the B12 was the best case scenario for byu.

10 Likes

The only people in the know, know where the negotiations sit on the media rights negotiation. Everyone else is blowing it out of their ā– ā– ā– .

That stated, it doesnā€™t take a genius to know the PAC 12 legal team is looking into the parties spreading misinformation. Once the deal is completed, donā€™t be shocked if several of these entities get sued for liable.

6 Likes

The whole ā€˜Pac-12 in disarray, about to collapseā€™ narrative was clearly part of a concentrated disinformation campaign. Would be interesting to see who all was behind it.

7 Likes

My Pillow guy? Haha

8 Likes

Russia

4 Likes

QAnonā€¦The Deep Stateā€¦the Chinese and their weather balloonsā€¦Hugo Chavezā€¦Generallisimo Francisco Francoā€¦

Seriously though, I believe Canzanoā€™s article that got posted here about a week ago may have exposed one guilty party.

7 Likes

Iā€™m seeing the whole thing now being called ā€œ12Anonā€. Hat tip to whoever came up with that one, lol.

10 Likes

Not BigAnon? :grin:

5 Likes

Great write-up here from Canzano

Some highlightsā€¦

The Pac-12 has had enough of other people telling its story. Several stakeholders punched back. Their message was singular ā€” the Pac-12 believes it is moving toward a good deal. Itā€™s committed. The schools still need to see numbers on paper, but they appear to be pointed in the same direction.

Said Harlan: ā€œI am very pleased with where things are trending.ā€

Also, someone do a welfare check on the Big 12ā€™s feral conspiracy theorists ā€” ā€œ12Anonā€ ā€” and see if theyā€™re OK. The sea of propaganda and hand-wringing has been a disappointing byproduct, but I wondered right up until this week if the Pac-12 was also its own worst enemy.

The conferenceā€™s public-relations strategy in the last nine months has been puzzling. The silence in Las Vegas last week at the menā€™s basketball Pac-12 Tournament, in particular, fueled another round of fear-mongering click bait from the Big 12 footprint.

I wondered why commissioner George Kliavkoff refused to hold a news conference. But industry insiders cautioned me against banging my shoe too hard on the table. I was told by more than one veteran media-world source that ESPN, FOX, Amazon and Apple likely appreciate that the Pac-12 hasnā€™t engaged in orchestrated leaks aimed at taking the negotiations public.

Iā€™ve talked with key sources at all 10 of the remaining Pac-12 schools. At no point has anyone in the inner sanctum said a word about wanting to leave the conference.

14 Likes

Something to add from a Canzano interview at some radio station. Not sure what radio station, but that is somewhat irrelevant to the interview. Canzano thinks something may break on the 21st, next Tuesday. The only reason Iā€™m linking this is because it is Canzano, and not the butt nugget from CBS: Dennis Dodd. At least Canzano has some credibility, how much Iā€™ll leave to your discretion.

6 Likes

Tuesdays are a good day for max media coverage, and Canzano previously reported mid March was a time frame his sources mentioned. If they know today, zero need to announce on a Friday. PR 101 stuff.

Weā€™ll see.

It would funny as hell to shut up our impoverished relatives on CB, once more.

5 Likes

Let the schadenfreude flow, so to speak.

I suppose Iā€™m like most folks, a little tired of all the BS from 12anon folks, and lack of info from the PAC. I hope what this all means is that no news (leaks) will be good news.

4 Likes

Since when did a private ecclesiastical school located next to a sewerage treatment plant become a relative?

USU = Little Brother

WSU, SUU, Utech = Sisters of the Poor

East Provo = Hopelessly Insane Homeless People who mutter to themselves, scream at the sunshine, and sniff parking meters like dogs.

9 Likes

LOL

I think this may be the be high point of Dick Harmonā€™s recent career.

His tone seems to have evolved a bit, into ā€œMark Harlan saidā€¦ā€, and ā€œgood for him!ā€, now "Arizonaā€™s President saidā€¦ " and ā€œgood for the PACā€ā€¦ ā€œgood for themā€ (as though that would be sincere.)

Like those old lyrics, ā€œHow bizarre, how bizarreā€

After Tuesday heā€™ll have to return to pumping up the Cougs for their inaugural season in the B12ā€¦ which will eventually & inevitably result in copious amounts of abuse, from frustrated BYU fans.

If the PAC invites SDSU, with the B12 subsequently inviting Fresno to achieve Yormarkā€™s 4 timezone objective, youā€™ll be able to read the news in the eyes of BYU fans:

ā€œOMG, Bill Walton is right. Weā€™re literally in a league of truck stops.ā€

9 Likes

Iā€™m just wondering if Dick has identified the person who should get a courtesy call when the key decisions are finally announced?

6 Likes

CB is where brain cells go to jump off a cliff.

7 Likes

Is that even possible? Itā€™s akin to changing the minds of Newsmax and OAN audience ā€“ not likely.

10 Likes