Mike Leach going to Mississippi State

Haven’t seen an article yet, but I saw a headline flash by on a television. I don’t think I’m sad to see him go.

Sure seems like a win for us. Guess we’ll have to see who they hire.

1 Like

Staying ahead of the axe.

2 Likes

Pete Thamel has it, Brett McMurphy has it, Bruce Feldman has it. That’s definite. The pirate is sailing east.

1 Like

Good, the SEC can have his “wit.” He’s an A-hole and I won’t miss him.

5 Likes

Never quite understood how they could out recruit us. Nothing wrong with Pullman but, it seems like the reasons some students might reject SLC aren’t necessarily going to be found there either.

2 Likes

Have you been to Pullman?

3 Likes

I would take Pullman over Starkville

2 Likes

Don’t know much about Starkville, but Pullman is in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

The consummate big (only?) fish in a small pond kind of guy.

^^ excellent ^^

Right. I think he likes to be places like that, where he can work under the radar, not be in a big city, and try to attract players who want to work in his system (most of whom never go on to success in the NFL because they are system players). His teams are fun to watch and they are all about him. that last part is the most important, it seems.

Because Utah is weird.

2 Likes

So is cow tipping…:wink:

When did WSU out recruit us?

2020 nope
2019 nope
2018 nada
2017 nope
2016 nope

according to 247 sports

2 Likes

The comment may have referred to WSU landing QBs that we can’t land in Utah (and possibly receivers). While he was there, we probably failed for both positions every year (just guessing) but of course the obvious answer is: QBs/Receivers - you want to past 65 times per game, or 20?

1 Like

I guess I mean that they seem to have aquired some in-state stars and also seem to have a competitive mojo with us.
I honestly can’t cite stats.
Just a vibe.

All about him. That’s what I think is important to Leach. He wants a locale where his antics are going to gain attention. He really seems to love getting all the press for being weird, and that wouldn’t work in a big market.

3 Likes

Leach is a caustic personality with a shelf life. Wherever he has gone, when he moves on there is usually a bit of a sigh of relief. Honestly, if it weren’t for the winning, his personality would’ve gotten him run within three years basically everywhere he has been.

Finding a coach to go to Pullman isn’t as much of a challenge as it used to be back in the day; and they have had some good ones. It may be in the middle of nowhere next to the armpit of Idaho, but P5 is still P5.

1 Like

Not sure Mississippi is the place for that.