Looking like a certain team is falling out of the Top 10

BYU just drove the ball for 7 minutes and came away with no points. It’s amazing to watch.

These are the kind of games they usually pull out of their @ss somehow. I’m not counting on them losing just yet.

Edit: I predict byu will win 24-23

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know who they were playing. Just tuned in. Wrubell sounds depressed. LES is pretty quiet. After a 9-minute drive, Boise State just kicked a FG, now 26-17 with just over 2:30 to go. Sounds like BYU lost 3 fumbles. Tough to win when that happens. But they’re driving, looking for magic to happen.

EDIT: BSU pick. Ballgame. They’re still 5-1 and can get a decent bowl. It’s a mistake talking about a perfect season before the season is even half-over. Wrubell: “BYU beat themselves.” Of course.

2 Likes

They can have fun on Shreveport

2 Likes

Gotta get past Baylor next week, Wrubell says.

I gladly stand corrected.

3 Likes

Their fans can continue reminiscing over beating Utah and being in the top 10 briefly. But I think everyone found out that this is a good not great team.

1 Like

Props to the smurfs for doing what we didn’t do…

Ruin TDS’s season.

5 Likes

Wrubell is a bigger clown than Monson.

6 Likes

Did anyone else hear that loud noise outside? It was kind of like the sound of a big balloon popping beyond the point of the mountain…

8 Likes

How did they get their first six games all at home + Logan? Are all the rest of their games on the road???

4 Likes

Feels like they have two more losses if not more in them.

3 Likes

Never really know what you got till you hit the road. They’ve been at home, or near home A LOT. The B12 will be a test (I’m higher on the B12 than most on this board I think) — Baylor, WVU, Cindy, UCF , TCU, Houston, OSU. These are real road trips.

1 Like

Good and bad feeling about this one. Good because it’s a BYU loss. Bad because with an 0-3 record against the Cougars, makes our conference look rather weak.

5 Likes

Every time I hear him, it makes my skin crawl. Using his signature nasal tone he wants to make the game academic and use $5 words as if it somehow makes him superior to other play-by-play announcers. For this infrequent listener though, all it does is make him sound like an ostentatious di… clown… who is perfectly suited for that fanbase.

3 Likes

I watched the entire game. BYU came out pretty strong. Samson Nacua scored their first TD in the 1st qtr and everyone was celebrating like it was the National Championship! Nacau was jumping around the sidelines, high-fiving and dancing for another 5 minutes!
Then BSU came out and smashed them in the mouth. The fumbles were created by BSU, not simply handed to them. Their lines on both sides of the ball man-handled the cooters and the cooters had no answer. The turnovers all happened at opportune times and BSU took advantage.
Cooterboared has having another meltdown, even calling for Roderick’s head (after elevating him to prophet after the Utah game). Derp

1 Like

Identical twins actually :slight_smile:
clown twins

BTW - not that he ever get’s a click from me, but has anyone else noticed that since Monson was fired by 1280 The Zone, he started publishing columns again? I’m not certain why the Trib was paying him all those years.

3 Likes

Wait…Monson got fired from 1280? Someone should probably tell their website that.

1 Like

I could be completely wrong, just going by what I read recently - If he’s still on 1280 I would have no first hand knowledge of it.

Edit: it certainly looks like you are correct @SkinyUte, the website still lists “the Big Show”, with Monson and they have published audio listed as including Monson as recently as 10/8/2021. Meanwhile, the Trib has not published any retraction or update to the article I posted.