Larry gone

That’s what byu fans say about Kalani great guy but bad coach. Coach K can recruit which Sitake can’t do. But this year was bad last year was bad. I still remember the Majerus years and getting to go to the final 4. That is what Utah should strive for each year. At least the NCAA tournament.

Why has the NCAA stopped punishing programs that break the rules? Larry played it straight while UofA, USC and Oregon cheated and LK is the only coach to be held accountable for not matching the cheaters’ success.

4 Likes

I’m sure this was a rhetorical question; why indeed? I have no idea. But as each month and year passes, with nothing happening to the cheaters, I become more and more convinced nothing will.

1 Like

He didn’t burn enough @sweetgrass. That really was the turning point of the program under him.

1 Like

By pure happenstance I got to sit by Johnnie at an event. He’s an incredibly charismatic, warm, articulate guy. He exudes intelligence and lots of personality power. If he wants to coach in college I’d be very supportive despite his lack of D1 coaching experience.

Knowing Harlan a little bit, however, I don’t see him as a guy who makes gambles. Especially after three straight failed gambles at the Utah HC position.

EDIT: LK was by far the best of the three gambles, and for a while it looked like that one might actually work.

2 Likes

@LAUte I agree with you. Very good insights into the AD. That job requires a political animal, so I get it completely.

Johnnie Bryant is however a most intriguing candidate. And what you add here only makes that more do.

He’s one of those people who make me think, “This guy is going places.” I am very confident that he will, wherever he goes.

1 Like

Very sad day. Utah will bring in a desperate loser coach. Just watch. Hopefully, not a ■■■■■■■ BYU dickwad. Conner is the logical choice. period.

1 Like

Utah AD screwed over Coach K. WTF.

F Mark Harlan

You seem to be very committed to Larry. I’m surprised. Why do you feel that way?

okay, I’ll play your game. who is the logical choice? hahaha

some guy from U state or byu? you’ll lose a lot of fans…

I don’t think @LAUte is playing any game. He asked you a direct and honest question. Answer it.

Why do you feel that way? Not who is the next loser coach.

7 Likes

You seem to be up in your feelings tonight. You doin’ okay?

2 Likes

The decision to fire a head coach is a gamble by nature. There are no sure things out there. The revival of Utah basketball is unlikely regardless of who we hire.

That said, everything I’ve ever heard about Bryant indicates he’s destined for greatness. That’s why he’s in tier 1.

Tangentially, I do think it would be great to hire our first black coach.

Tier 2 is not bad though. Grab a hot mid major coach. Maybe you get a Dana Altman. Maybe you get an Archie Miller. Miller sure looked like sure thing a few years ago.

Strikes me as another moose acct. Dude just doesn’t read as anything else, IMO.

Jeff Jonas with some strong words today. Not a fan of Harlan

I think you mean Twitter in general.

1 Like

Heh. Nice.

1 Like