“Kill the Ducks!” Utah vs Oregon MBB Thread

Oregon comes into the Hunty first in the PAC, posting a 13-4 record, with 5-1 in conference play and 3-1 on the road. I just saw a few Ducks players at Jimmy Johns downtown and wished them, er, luck. This will be a tough matchup for the Utes. The players I saw were Jackson Shelstad who is leading the team in scoring with 14.2 ppg, and Kwame Evans Sr. who leads the team in rebounds with 5.6 a game. This looks to be a very balanced Oregon team with five or more players averaging double figures.

Edit: We are favored by 5 points as of today.

Problem 1: Sunday at 1. So attendance will be in the 100’s.

Problem 2: The refs can not call all the fouls that should be called on the Ducks or the game would never end.

3 Likes

Massey’s algorithm and ESPN Analytics indicate that we beat the ducklettes today in this Quad 2 matchup.

Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 8.21.29 AM

Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 8.24.25 AM

As long as Dana Altman is coaching I have a really hard time picking the Utes over the ducks. That guy has our number like no other.

6 Likes

I believe in these Utes.

1 Like

This will be a tough one. Oregon can SHOOT.

3 Likes

That food processor guy :wink: is giving us fits.

1 Like

Tarlac giving us some good minutes.

Three travels? Am I high?

1 Like

Four travels.

1 Like

You jinxed Tarlac. That walk was awful.

2 Likes

I rarely get to watch college basketball.

This game is showing me I’m not missing much. There are so many whistles and interruptions there’s zero flow

Deivon Smith is so good. What a shot.

3 Likes

I’ve said it at least once, and I’ll say it again. I’d like to see Madsen get more points in the paint.

ESPN’s broadcast team leaves a lot to be desired

1 Like

Going to be tough to hang with this small lineup. So far ok but still.

1 Like

Lots of dumb turnovers. At least we are basically okay on free throw shooting.

Ben Carlson showing up today.

2 Likes

Branden is off but Ben stepping up. If Branden and Gabe can break loose we can win this. Maybe bring Keita back in with 6 min left too. Get what we can from him. I suspect he’ll foul out. Dante is just better.

1 Like

Man I feel like we’d be in a world of hurt this season had Deivon not been cleared to play.

2 Likes