“Kill the Ducks!” Utah vs Oregon MBB Thread

And there’s Cuisinart again. Damn.

Wow Deivon

2 Likes

Deivon tough as nails and keeping us in this game. Has 19/8/9.

1 Like

What a great pick, roll, and screen by KK.

1 Like

Blown call. That’s a charge.

6 Likes

Total garbage. What a gift.

1 Like

All ball

Hahaha! Nice intentional miss there.

1 Like

There you go, boys!

2 Likes

Excellent! Deivon with a monster game and others stepping up big. Haven’t beaten these guys for a long time. Great game.

5 Likes

One of the most satisfying wins in a looong time for me. Probably because we were like 2-100 against Oregon over the last couple decades lol.

5 Likes

We’re now 4-23 against Oregon in the PAC12 era. Time to celebrate.

4 Likes

That’s only win No. 3 in the PAC-12 era. Huge one.

2 Likes

Post Of The Year Nominee

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1749190213211967772?t=7UGuf6hyTq2PdnGxP9C5Cw&s=19

1 Like

Beating the Ducks when you have to play Tarlac in both halves—do not let him handle the ball!! And Hunter Erickson had to play the point—

Hard to believe. Ben Carlson kept Utes close in 2nd half & also did a decent job defending Dante—who is Huge.

Query: what do you do when Rollie is full strength? No way Deivon Smith does not start & play big minutes.

2 Likes

If you told me Dante was 10/15 with 10 boards and Couisnard was 7/10 from 3 but the Utes
still won, I would have thought you were high.

Another monster game from Deivon, but Ben was the X factor today.

In the post game, Craig Smith revealed on one possession they worked the ball around and Ben was open behind the line, and Deivon yelled “Ben shoot that ■■■■!” That was one of his early 3s, he ended 4/6 from deep.

Deivon has that affect on teammates, he’s made us a different team. When Rollie comes back I think you ease him in off the bench, and in stretches you play them both. Rollie’s a big PG at 6-4, Bajema does a decent job at the 2 and is also big, and Deivon might be 6-0 but he plays about 6-9. Human pogo stick.

Keita had his hands full with Dante, but he has to learn how to not pick up the meaningless fouls. 18 minutes and fouls out? Was 5/6 with 12 points, though. He’s still getting better.

4 Likes

You have to play the majority of minutes with a lineup of Smith, Worster, Madsen, Brandon, and Keita.

Rotate in Bajema, Ben, and Lovering, only go deeper on the bench when injurious fouls dictate.

2 Likes
4 Likes

It’s funny how one of the announcers said they “grew up playing together in Mali”… very misleading statement. Dante is 2-3 years older than Keita, and grew up playing in their national team system. Keita didn’t even play much organized basketball before coming to the US for high school… he’s still relatively early in his development cycle.

3 Likes