Justin Holliday on Twitter saying that Utah has fired Guy Holliday

I don’t quite agree with the writer that Carrington was “coached” to a 2nd team PAC-12 by Holliday. Not to disparage him, but Carrington could have done that with any coach.

2 Likes

We are a run-heavy program that throws to keep the run game moving. As a general rule, WR’s don’t like being decoys, and definitely don’t like blocking downfield. Our offensive scheme requires both. That said, show me an NFL team where receivers don’t block, and I will show you a non-playoff team. Even Jerry Rice blocked!!!

Best wishes to Coach Holliday. Hope he finds a place to continue his career.

4 Likes

Deleted. This looks like a fake account.

Really weird timing for all of this. Would love some insider info on what went down. I thought Holliday was a pretty inspiring coach. We definitely don’t have all the story.

1 Like

he was also wrong about our QB room not sucking last year. Seemed pretty convinced that either Bentley or Rising would be great. Turns out one of them was terrible, and the other is a complete unknown.

1 Like

What has Savoy been up since leaving Utah (early) after the Fiesta Bowl?

Shah made the jump from the private sector to coaching at the P5 level, but that was a unique situation & opportunity.

2 Likes

Just listened to an interview with Guy on 1280. He seemed frustrated. But he said he has the utmost respect for Utah. It seems there might be some other opportunities at the u if he wants them. Called out his son a bit. But also explained the place his son came from (kid experienced racism twice while living in the state).

That was one heck of an interview. And man is Guy just an all around good dude.

2 Likes

Bounced around Canadian and arena leagues. Looks like he does IT work according to his linked in profile.

1 Like

can’t fault any WR for leaving if they want to be more productive. The culture of the offense at Utah is not one of high WR productivity, unless you mean downfield blocking.

Maybe 18,19 year olds might have a different view. However, I think it’s unfair to look at this last season. It was a cluster to say the least. They missed the first few games due to testing positive for Covid. Then the guy that got the nod goes out after what two or three series? The other guy didn’t get the reps to that point. Like I said, it’d be another thing if Rising played the entire truncated season but I don’t think you can look at last year and say “that’s the last straw”.

4 Likes

I think he is the Ron McBride of WR coaches. He came in, made a marked improvement but has hit the ceiling. Time to move it up a notch.

That’s awesome. We should forever call all of our coaches the Ron McBride of _______.

1 Like

i am the Ron McBride of UFN members.

3 Likes

I am the Tom Lovat of UFN members

5 Likes

I was thinking Chuck Stobart, but I who really knows.

2 Likes

Actually I was going to go more Wayne Howard but…

3 Likes