Just really great movies

For some reason my first Pfizer shot was a non-event, physically. I didn’t even feel the shot, my arm wasn’t sore, and I felt no side effects at all. I’m getting the second shot Thursday. Maybe I’ll pay for my easy first shot then.

I had my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Sore arm is the only side affect so far.

These are a couple of Wes Anderson short films/ads. They are as great as his movies.

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder why. We were looking forward to it.

I’m sure a few on here have seen Breaking Away.

I recently saw this very cool picture of the Cutters team.

7 Likes

Very cool! That movie definitely inspired me to embrace biking in my late teens/early twenties.
A lovely, gentle message as well.

Refund?! REFUND?!

3 Likes

Agreed, @UteBrave. I’m a Sam Rockwell fan and this is a really good coming-of-age film. Another of his I liked that flew under the radar was Laggies with Keira Knightley.

" Life of Bwyan"

2 Likes

“Seabiscuit.” True inspirational story, beautifully told.

You’re just being mean.

1 Like

Anyone watch this?

2 Likes

Not yet
Love his stuff though

https://images.app.goo.gl/3xeJZXdvNHhiugrw8

1 Like

Watched it yesterday.

It was worth the time,

1 Like

A little late to the party, but we watched JoJo Rabbit over the weekend, and WOW! Easily one of the better movies I have seen in a long time.

Will make you feel all the feels.

3 Likes

I heard an interview on NPR recently with Mel Brooks (who is 96 and still working), and it reminded me of two old films of his that I recall watching as a young kid on Sunday afternoon television in the late 60’s. I just rewatched “The Producers” for the first time in decades and tomorrow will watch “A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum”.

If you like Mel Brooks and you’ve never seen any of his really old stuff, I recommend both.

7 Likes

Springtime for Hitler may be the funniest segment of any film ever. Laugh so hard I cry.

6 Likes

“The Producers” is one of my favorite films. I first saw it at the dollar movies at Orson Spencer Hall at the U. I am certain I’ve never laughed harder than when I saw the overture for the first time.

Not to pick, though, but “A Funny Thing ….” Is not a Mel Brooks film.

2 Likes

Watched Blazing Saddles yesterday.

2 Likes