Just really great movies

Those bring back lots of great memories. Thanks.

Such a classic. And the ski scenes were filmed at Snowbird.

1 Like

Fried Green Tomatoes was lovely
Torch Song Trilogy was of that genre/time period that changed the way I think about love and affection

Just finished watching this excellent Rocumentary/ethnography piece twice.
Maybe we need a separate Documentary Thread. This could aldo be a music thread. Anyway, enjoy music nerds!

1 Like

There is a similar documentary on Netflix, hosted by Jakob Dylan. Probably not as comprehensive, but it was interesting and nostalgic.

“Echo in the Canyon”
https://www.netflix.com/title/81034741?s=i&trkid=13752289

2 Likes

I saw that and I liked it. I enjoyed Jacob Dillon’s point it seemed a little bit less cerebral though (and perhaps a little self-promotional) for lack of better words.
At any rate, it was an excellent documentary. I enjoy this music and time so much, that I’m happy to go through every single one.
Seems like these guys and gals are ready to share their stories before they shake the mortal coil

1 Like

Interest tweet from Eric Idle about the financing of Monty Pythons’s The Holy Grail:

2 Likes

Both Paddington movies, especially 2

1 Like

"Well… it sure ain’t “Ozzie and Harriet.”

3 Likes

Best In Show

“We both like soup”

If someone mentioned this movie, sorry for not agreeing sooner.

3 Likes

I think raising Arizona is an exceptional film

1 Like

“The Dig.” Came out recently on Netflix. Ralph Fiennes should be Oscar-nominated.

3 Likes

How was the movie?

I loved it. Not a blockbuster, just a great story based on real people and events. Ralph Fiennes does what great actors do–he becomes Basil Brown, the main character, and we forget we are watching Ralph Fiennes. Meryl Streep does the same thing in her movies, and Carey Mulligan does it in this one. If you like to watch great acting, you’ll see it here.

1 Like

Rushmore.

Bill Murray does not disappoint,

3 Likes

He should have the academy award for Grand Budapest Hotel IMHO, but Michael Keaton won that year for Birdman.

1 Like

Every Wes Anderson film is pure art. He was supposed to release French Dispatch a year ago but it was put off.

1 Like

I didn’t watch anything after the vaccine and had the weirdest dreams of my life, so it may not have been the movie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bill Gates was probably sending in signals into your brain from the microchips that were injected into your blood.

2 Likes

Was it the “Shaggy” voice or the “American Top 40” voice?

1 Like