Just really great movies

That’s basically the way I felt about the whole Godfather series. I must be crazy but I always thought they were overhyped. I remember I read the book and it was written just like a script.
I don’t know. Seems like it’s on every Thanksgiving and many root for the wrong guys for the wrong reasons.

That movie showed my boyhood. Sandlot baseball was what we did almost every summer day. (We didn’t have James Earl Jones, however.)

What made it even more eerily familiar was that the movie was shot in SLC.

1 Like

He is absolutely the greatest actor of our time. I don’t think anyone else is even close.

His portrayal of Lincoln was astonishing.

1 Like

Silverado…Brian Dennehy
The Color Purple…Danny Glover
As Good As It Gets…Jack Nicholson
Gran Torino…Clint Eastwood
Sideways…Paul Giamatti
The Help…Viola Davis

2 Likes

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner…Spencer Tracy

1 Like

It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad World…Spencer Tracy

4 Likes

I think I left out a Mad

1 Like

Northwest Passage…Spencer Tracy

1 Like

Crazy People…Dudley Moore

2 Likes

I love those movies. I especially loved Sideways. Haven’t seen it in ages though!

2 Likes

“Flipped,” another of Rob Reiner’s gems that was never going to be a blockbuster. I think he does the big ones (“An American President,” “The Princess Bride,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “A Few Good Men,” etc.) so he can make movies like this when he wants to. (Note: The trailer makes this look like a totally sunshine and puppies coming of age movie. There’s a lot more to it than that.)

1 Like

Drive

2 Likes

A long time favorite.

3 Likes

Wow, I haven’t thought of this movie in a long time. Very funny movie. Especially the pitch meeting.

“Sony” “Bony”

2 Likes
2 Likes

“What we do in the Shadows” is awesome as well.

1 Like

How about A Thousand Clowns? It speaks to my Peter Pan complex.

1 Like

“Flipped,” another of Rob Reiner’s gems that was never going to be a blockbuster. I think he does the big ones (“An American President,” “The Princess Bride,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “A Few Good Men,” etc.) so he can make movies like this when he wants to. (Note: The trailer makes this look like a totally sunshine and puppies coming of age movie. There’s a lot more to it than that.)

Thanks for sharing this movie. I watched it last week and really enjoyed. A good clean movie. I have a special needs brother so that part connected to me.

1 Like

Just some movies I’ve enjoyed…

The Count of Monte Cristo
The Watcher in the Woods
Second Hand Lions
My Girl
Legends of the Fall
Fried Green Tomatoes
Better Off Dead
Saving Private Ryan
The Buttercream Gang :grin:
Legend (One of Tom Cruise’s best movies) :slight_smile: