Just really great movies

6 Likes
6 Likes

The Producers is one of the great comedies. Springtime for Hitler still makes me laugh so hard I cry.

3 Likes

One of my favorite movies of all time. Another:

3 Likes

The Shawshank Redemption

8 Likes

I have seen it 1,000,000 times. But I still love it. Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are fantastic. Bob Gunton is also great as the Warden.

3 Likes

My problem is that every time I watch it Iā€™m humming the tune to ā€œSpringtime for Hitlerā€ for the next day or two.

1 Like

I really like movies with Native American themes. Dances With Wolves is a classic. Wind River and Hostiles are two of my favorites.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll really like ā€œLittle Big Manā€

1 Like

Vampireā€™s Kiss is one of his best. Itā€™s outrageous!

Is that the movie with Jeremy Renner? If so, I walked out during the rape scene. Hard pass.

1 Like

Oh ā– ā– ā– ā–  Steggie! I crashed your thread by mistake
AbsoluteUte
Regular

1h

Has someone done this?
I couldnā€™t find one.

Right out of the chute, IMHO:

Brilliant acting, tragic, hopeful, sincere and timeless

Contagion? :joy:

1 Like

It was pretty good entertainment. I donā€™t think Iā€™d go out of my way to watch it again but I didnā€™t walk out thinking I wanted my money back. Thatā€™s a low standard, I know, but it works for me.

1 Like

I just watched it four days ago on a recommendation from my daughter. It was fantastic. The actor who played Saroo as a five-year-old blew me away. Plus, I have this weird attraction to Rooney Mara.

Great film.

1 Like

Hereā€™s another good oneā€¦check out ā€œRunning on Emptyā€ from 1988. It has River Phoenix as a teenager in a family that is constantly on the run as fugitives.

This is more of a small film than a movie movie, but itā€™s really great and didnā€™t get much attention. I hope you can find it somewhere on Netflix or Amazon or YouTube. ā€œThe Way Way Back.ā€œ It was one of the first movies in which Steve Carell played a character who is kind of a jerk. In addition to Carrell, the cast includes Tony Colette, Sam Rockwell, Maya Rudolph, Allison Janney, and Amanda Peet.

3 Likes

Has someone done this?
I couldnā€™t find one.

Right out of the chute, IMHO:

Brilliant acting, tragic, hopeful, sincere and timeless

My top 3 are:
The Shawshank Redemption - for its acting and overall quality. Itā€™s #1 on IMDB for a reason.
Fight Club - for the social commentary and for being one of the only movies to discuss topics like masculinity and consumerism in a way men will appreciate.
Inception - for Christopher Nolan and his determination to use practical effects.

1 Like

Can you briefly state why? :blush: