Just really great movies

Leaving Las Vegas and Adaptation are two Nic Cage movies worth watching.

1 Like

Which one? The original with the Rat Pack or the one with Clooney and Pitt. For the record, I like both.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Anything Charlie Kaufman wrote.

Moonstruck for sure. But I think most Nic cage is worth watching.

2 Likes

ā€œBrooklynā€ was where Saoirse Ronan earned her first of her first three Best Actress Oscars. Itā€™s more of a ā€œfilmā€ than a ā€œmovie movieā€ but itā€™s just a great flick.

1 Like

Saoirse Ronan is a great actress and that was a great movie.

Iā€™m mostly joking about Nic Cage, he can be great but he can also be pretty bad. Still, Raising Arizona was his best work by far.

Iā€™ve read that Nicholas Cage had a serious IRS problem years ago, and was essentially forced into taking any role he could land

1 Like

National Treasure is one of the greatest films ever made. Right up there with Citizen Kane.

Iā€™ve never seen Citizen Kane, but I need to. It just played a prominent role in a good book Iā€™m reading.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

1 Like

ā€œGuess Whoā€™s Coming to Dinnerā€

1 Like

ā€œSpencerā€™s Mountainā€

The Great Santini

2 Likes

Has there ever been a cooler movie duo than Paul Newman & Robert Redford?

4 Likes

Who has seen this?

5 Likes

Finally watched it about 6 months or so ago. Very innovative and definitely one to see.
Been spoofed so many times, that most people know the ending, but still worth a watch.

Iā€™ve seen Airplane mentioned on here a couple of times. If you like Airplane, you may like Top Secret. I loved that show in my teenage years (and still do).

Stardust is fun movie.

I watched The Ridiculous 6 on Netflix while I was recovering from an illness and all drugged up and laughed good at that one. Starts slow but gets better. Probably not as good if youā€™re not drugged up.

1 Like

I like weird stuff. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs was different.

1 Like

I liked Buster Scruggs a lot. Coen Brothers films are always excellent.

7 Likes