Johnny Manziel = Zach Wilson?

or The 40-whiners from the NFC. They weren’t always bad, but it sure did get old seeing only the Broncos or the Whiners.

BamaFanNKY is the first to get cast into the fires of hell for such a nonsense post. It’s because of Bolles and Timmy Patrick.

1 Like
1 Like

Technically, they are split three ways by geographical area of Alabama. Very North Titans, Central Falcons and Southern part Saints.

I was a lifelong Raiders fan until the Rams moved back to LA.

I also contend SLC is the second city behind Mexico City that deserves an NFL franchise.

This map led me to believe that hogwash:

The Falcons? They must love heartbreak.

I’ve been a fan of the Silver and Black since 1969. They were my favorite team to listen to on the radio, since the damned donkeys were on TV. Seen the good, the bad, and the heartbreakers. Hoping to make the trip to Vegas for a game some time, Given the ■■■■■■■■■ in Oakland and LA they played in, the new digs are a palace.

2 Likes

In fairness, their new digs seem like a palace by any measure. Haven’t been there yet but the place looks spectacular. Can’t wait to go see our Utes play there on December 3rd :wink:

2 Likes

I concur with @sancho this Manziel = Zach Wilson comparison is too kind. Better comparisons are Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell or Chris Heinke

2 Likes

Do you mean Chris Weinke? The Florida St QB who was like 30 years old and balding (yeah he should have played at Byu based on that).

6 Likes

I look younger than some of the byu-provo players.

6 Likes

You ARE younger than some TDS players. :wink:

6 Likes

Zach Wilson is Scott Mitchell but in reverse.

Same. I’m a little younger than you, but all of my early football memories were of dad watching Raider games (parents spent a few years in Oakland before my brother and I came along). Even though I hate Las Vegas with the fire of a thousand suns, the Raiders are still my team.

That said, my pro football fandom is pretty minimal compared to the college game. I’m much more of a passive participant in the NFL, paying some attention but with no real passion around it at all.

4 Likes

What Canadian team do we think Zach plays for since he’s on the same Johnny Football trajectory

3 Likes

Sounds like a good question. As, I think it was @LAUte said, the NY Jets are the place to kill a young QB’s career. I kinda joked that Zach Wilson will be sent to the Panthers as another attempted reclamation project.

IMO ZW needs someplace to rebuild his confidence and work on his skills as a QB. I feel a little bad for him, mostly for being stuck with the Jets.

2 Likes

The Jets have ended more QB’s than even Philly…and with Philly fan in Management’s ear there, that’s an accomplishment #CityofBrotherHate

Even the Giants haven’t burned up QB’s like the Jets.

That stated…

The biggest problem with Zach is Zach right now. He is too busy trying to out-athlete the opposition and not developing new wrinkles to his game. Every DC in the NFL has enough tape on him now to know his weaknesses and to make him have to play to them.

Can he do it? Who knows.

2 Likes

22 starts, we know. He’s not good

3 Likes

Someone please lock this thread before it does further damage.

Damage to whom? ZW? I think he’s done that all to himself.

2 Likes

Cue up some Canadian FB broadcasters covering the Edmonton Eskimos vs the Montreal Allouettes and talking about how the NFL really missed out on Zach Wilson.

The other guy says “this much like how the NBA mishandled Jimmer Freddette”… and the broadcast goes offline, a couple of hours later CNN has breaking news about a press box collapsing at a CFL game.

“Authorities are investigating”.

4 Likes