Jazz by the numbers

I’m definitely that but I don’t complain about reverse racism over a joke about a white out. That says quite a bit.

3 Likes

My problem in this instance is not with racism but with people who approve of some forms of racism while rejecting others. I’ve made that pretty clear and you’re either pretending to not understand that position or it’s not as clear as I thought it was.

My joke about BYU and Jazz fans touches more on race as a culture (which is very real) and less on racial discrimination (which should be eliminated). I do realize the lines can blur quite a bit and that it’d be better to not try to go up to those boundaries of appropriateness.

Just ask yourself, would I tow this line if the joke was about any other race?
For example, if Grambling University was having a black out game would you make the same joke? If you would than you’re not a racist you just like distasteful jokes. It’s all so simple, choose a standard, any standard you like, then live up to it.

Grambling isn’t known for being a racist fan base. Also, choosing to wear all white is a reminder of the klan. There are levels to this you obviously do not get. You are too inside the bottle to read the label.

1 Like

it’s not working buddy, good try though.

1 Like

As long as we spent this time together and ended up buddies, it was time well spent.

3 Likes

So, how 'bout the jazz and their numbers? Sorry, wrong thread. Go Nuggets.

my bad.

I’m most impressed with their scoring margin as a result of their # 4 offense and #3 defense.
9.2 differential is dominant when you consider the next closest is the Clippers at 6.2

The whole Western Conference is Chaos currently and it’s beautiful.

1 Like

Dude you’re 1-1 against the blazers. Take it easy.

Have to love how the Clippers seemed to lose to try to manipulate their matchup and have lost 2 at home.

1 Like

Haha. I don’t really care too much about NBA. Would be better for the Nuggets if Murray got better. Jokic MVP, but good strategy to let him score instead of double and have him pass. Denver definitely made the right call with Jokic over Nurkic. Lillard is amazing and Carmelo still hanging in there.

By the numbers, Jazz are 0-1 against Memphis. Ouch :wink: .

Plus, they practiced load management all year to stay fresh in the post season.

Pat Bev is Luka’s son after this series. Luka is making him look ridiculous.

Nice to see Donovan back on the court. They limited his minutes as I expected them to do the first few games.

Rudy in complete beast mode. His block on Morant in the second quarter was simply brutal.

Grizzlies are going to be tough. Kept on coming back on us to let us know they are intending to give us a challenge. Crazy that they cut a 20 point halftime lead down to 2 while the Jazz were hitting over 50% from the field during that stretch.

2 Likes

I fell asleep early. Being on Central time makes these late tips Brutal. 7 players in double-digit scoring is going to be tough for the Grizz to defend.

Not a good look in the stands:

2 Likes

Damn these fans. Bastards. How any one can say that to another human is beyond me. I am glad the other fans around them called security and treated the Morants with respect.

6 Likes

Words are one thing but the fan in NY spitting and then Philly dumping food on Westbrook was worse. Honestly, I don’t go to the NFL anymore because it got stupid how violent people are at those games.

1 Like

Morant went on to write that his family told him they “felt the love from all the other jazz fans who were around them” and that it was just the three fans who “went too far.”

You left this part out of your post and it seems pretty important to the whole picture of the incident. I’m sure it was an honest mistake and not because it disrupts the rhythm of that drum you’re beating.