Hey Y'all. It's been 7 years

Driving through your neck of the woods in the next year.

Hope you enjoy Utah. It’s a beautiful state. Red rocks in the south, to the snow capped mountains in the north, and desert all around.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve been and I love my time in Zion. I’ve just had more business in the state recently. It’s going to be nice to be back in Pac 12 country.

4 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

I miss Utah. Too flat here in NC for me, too muggy too, but it’s pretty here. NC just isn’t the high desert that I love.

Glad you get to make it back to the land of Zion.

2 Likes

Neither is Missouri. :frowning:

2 Likes

Are you going to get banned for threatening other board members this time?

1 Like

Que? I got “Banned” because the name “Bama” triggered folks like some Portland guy. I did however get threatened quite a bit back in the day. It was sad really because those guys were right. Alabama did amount to nothing and Saban left us for bigger and better jobs.

3 Likes

May you feel welcome here.
May Bama lose to us once again.
Go UTES!

3 Likes

The loss to Utah was one of our greatest games. It set the tone for “buying into the process” and to stop believing that the name on the jersey counts for a “W.”

That said, I’d kill for a home and home. The fans have stopped showing up to the cupcake games and Saban keeps lobbying going to more conference games and a mandated Power 5 only Non-Conf schedule.

2 Likes

I think that would be splendid and I mean it sincerely.
I think one of the challenges with playing TDS every year is that it makes it harder for us to schedule other quality out of conference opponents.

1 Like

Not what the admin told me, but if that’s your story, fine.

Seriously, I don’t think TDS is the issue. SC has got to get their stuff together. Losing that flagship historical power has hurt the press for the Pac 12. The parity is there but Oregon doesn’t get TV sets (I’m old) turned on. Drop NIU and add a mid-tier ACC (Virginia) or SEC (Texas A&M) would legit help. Because right now they are going to force P12 schools to basically go undefeated not named SC.

2 Likes

Cool. I honestly don’t know who you are or remember you. I remember Moose, Chris and Big Kahuna (I think that was his name) which was the only one I messaged back and forth with.

We only need one emotional, big-game in our preseason schedule - just like Alabama - wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

I think having that TDS game helps. As much as people here won’t want to hear it they are usually respected enough to get you some points with voters. I’m not sure you need an Alabama, LSU, Ohio State or Georgia on the schedule. If you did that would be a great “W” though.

It seems though Utah since I’ve left the board became like Ohio State with that one WTH loss each year.

2 Likes

I think we need to solidify ourselves more before we start regarding ourselves as a legacy team.
But I see no reason why we should not play legacy teams - and do well - like Michigan…
Playing TDS every year to me is a chore, becoming less and less as an “important” marker. Legacy programs like USC will always exist, but, markets change. We are a legitimate Cinderella story. Now we need to prove it.
Playing TDS doesn’t contribute to that metric anymore IMHO

I won’t argue the TDS point since honestly, replace them with Mizzou or Iowa State and you’d probably get more points.

Michigan would be a perfect team to schedule. Tons of hype and zero living up to it.

2 Likes

Those were particularly satisfying wins… National talk-fest. Game Day on campus.
That’s the kind of mojo I’m talking about.

2 Likes

We have beat TDS in the past and dropped in the polls. It’s a no-win game for us and helps give them relevance in the area. It’s also to the point now where the TDS-leaning State legislature has mandated we play them or face another university audit. Just adds to the resentment of them.

2 Likes