Got a letter from the U today regarding future season tickets

You can see a break in the usual pattern. Ticket holders are creatures of habit so they arrive at roughly the same time for every game and they go in the same entrance each time. When you see scans from a completely different entrance and a different time you can safely assume that the ticket was used by someone else. We did a bunch of follow up calls to premium season ticket holders when we first introduced bar-code scanners to see if this type of behavior was actually what we thought it was and they confirmed it was.

1 Like

One can hope!

1 Like

I am reading where a family of four is $3,400 (everything donations etc) for 5 P5 games and 2 non-P5. Is this right? It doesn’t seem bad but with TV being a viable option maybe not. Plus, you can spend that cash picking maybe two games you definitely want to hit on purchase on the secondary market.

College football tickets and sports events, in general, seem to have built a bubble that has to burst.

I’m sure most have seen the letter today that increases minimum donations. Here’s an excerpt…

“…we are adjusting Crimson Club annual membership levels for the first time in 10 years.
Crimson Club level minimums are changing as follows:
Level 1 minimum will increase from $1 to $100
Level 2 minimum will increase from $100 to $250
Level 3 minimum will increase from $400 to $750
Level 4 minimum will increase from $700 to $1,250
Level 5 minimum will increase from $1,500 to $2,500
Level 6 minimum will increase from $3,500 to $4,500
Level 7 minimum will increase from $6,500 to $8,500
Level 8 minimum will increase from $12,000 to $14,000
Our aim is to sustain the incredible success we are seeing across our entire department. We are fortunate to have such dedicated and loyal support from you as we provide for our student-athletes.”

Also FST invoices should arrive in the next few days.

I get the changes to the CC donor levels. Those haven’t been meaningfully adjusted in a very long time.

Now the season tickets, with all the “granular fees” should be interesting for everyone not in the SEZ. Most of their costs got locked in for the next several years as a part of their purchase last season. What it is going to look like for the rest of us…stay tuned.

I’d argue, though, that CC benefits have progressively gotten worse over the past ten years, so instead of paying more the value decreased. Parking is the primary example, although they have made some improvements this past year.

We looked at the CC donation adjustments and wondered if we will have to choose football over annual donations we’ve made to our respective colleges at the U. That’s a tough choice. One is entertainment dollar. The others got us jobs so we could afford the entertainment.

4 Likes

Well, renewing my two NEZ tickets, and adding the University’s requested Crimson Club donation is $1950.00 for 2022. If I am scratching a check that big to the University, it will be a donation to the MPA Program Scholarship Fund, not buying tickets to games I will likely end up watching on TV anyway as we normally end up kicking off at 8:00 PM.

1 Like

I’m really struggling with these price increases this year. We have 7 seats total, but will likely be letting go of at least two of them. We would typically use those seats to give away to neighbors or family members who wanted to see a game.

I hate to let them go, but just can’t justify the cost anymore.

5 Likes

That’s solid use of your money as well. Will go to strengthen the program and help those graduate students. The athletic department won’t be hurting either as there’s probably a long list that want seats this year. I have 3 family members moving back to salt lake that want in. The question is whether we can find seats together or not.

1 Like

I’m confused. Two NEZ tickets plus CC = $1,950. I have 2 NEZ tickets and 2 Sec. W14 tickets. Total for all 4 - $2,660.00; $280 per seat for NEZ, $680 per seat for W14, $1,700 CC.

1 Like

My NEZ tickets (N21) are:

• $140/seat (x7 seats)
  • $1,925 total CC donation

I have to chuckle at the cost structure of this. (Probably just a way to cope with the stress.) The tickets for us for the actual game are only 37% of the amount of the invoice. The only solace is that CC membership applies for basketball, too, although I’m not anticipating that to be a hard-to-get ticket again next year, if I even renew since it’s been hard to call it fun in the JMHC for a while now.

Edit: I had to look back at 2020’s Quicken data to find out what we last paid, since we just carried over the 2020 ticket purchase for use in 2021. Our total only went up $40 if we want to stay at the very bottom of Level 4 CC and our seats in lower E34. Blew me away. I’ve often wondered if there’s any within level prioritization that goes on, can’t say I’ve seen any evidence of it over the years, but throwing in another $50 to not be at the bottom gets tempting just in case.

1 Like

I will have to confirm when I get home and can look at my records but I think my increase this year is only $20 overall but the CC level jumped quite a bit. I expect the actual ticket price to jump a bunch next year.

Our seats (upper section 33 right on the goal line) overall only went up $20 each (from 2 years ago) but the portion which is CC is more than double the amount shown for ticket price.

Next time we have a 7 game season, going to get quite an increase.

My wife pointed out, and this is consistent with past practices, that there were seven home games scheduled in 2020 pre-COVID. So what they’re going to do is the standard, “Look your season ticket costs are the same as last year,” when there are six games, followed by, “Look your cost per game is the same as last year,” when there are seven games. That results in a (poorly) hidden 17% per year price hike.

3 Likes

@Greginslc

2 NEZ tickets should be $830 ($100 for the seat, $275 mandatory CC donation, $40 facility fee per seat)

That’s what mine are in N26 and all of the NEZ should be the same. Not sure where you’re seeing $1950?

1 Like

That’s exactly what my four tickets in N20 are, $1660 total.

Here’s the pricing breakdown

@Narfute

Add in separate Crimson Club of $1,120.000 to the $830.00.

That is how I get to $1,950.00.

But that’s not required, right? Just above and beyond?

I did notice when I was paying my invoice there was a blurb “Seat Donations have been added if obligation was removed with 2020 football refunds”

I wonder if there is some trickery going on with accounting.

1 Like