Got a letter from the U today regarding future season tickets

They could have done things differently.

They could have not jacked the prices up for those of us in the south endzone knowing full well we’re being forced to take inferior seats in 2 years.

And those seats will cost more, despite being far worse seats.

The U has chosen to cater to business and casual fans with deep pockets at the expense of loyal fans. 36 years of showing up even during terrible season after terrible season should mean something. In any part of the stadium (and it hasn’t meant something in years. They treat us like an annoyance everytime we need to contact our ticket rep)

2 Likes

I don’t really see what price increases in past seasons have to do with the letter that is the subject of this thread. I agree they are pricing people out of the stadium.

1 Like

if read the bullet points st the bottom it says something to the effect of new stadium seating policy. I’m skeptical it’s for the south endzone only

In that same line (if I’m looking at the right one), it says that one of the ways to get priority is to be a current season ticket holder.

It’s expensive to be in the PAC-12, and they are going to use every method they can raise revenue until people stop cooperating. I’m not urging people to do so, just stating what I think we can expect from the new administration.

Seems like they are following through with what was indicated in the stadium expansion survey a couple of years back. It was all about getting people to pay more. It’s sad that U Athletics has such a short-sighted, arrogant attitude toward their customers.

1 Like

I’d love to know how much $ these changes will yield. I wonder if it’s really worth the cost in fan disaffection.

3 Likes

It’s expensive to be in the PAC-12, yes it is however you’d think they’d look at what happened around the country with declining attendance. They will get to a point where people can longer afford it or want to pay it.
They lost a fair number of basketball fans when they started jacking the price up Is they are offering mini plans and all sorts of other incentives to get fans back.

They didn’t listen to me about my concerns until I didn’t renew last season. Then they were tripping over themselves to ask what was wrong etc. after being ignored for two years I decided I’d had enough They think they have a waiting list of X number of people willing to cough up the 30K allegedly needed for the buy in. Guest we’ll find out
Candidly they’ve taken some to the fun out of it for me. I’ve had others tell me similar things

1 Like

Good because I haven’t received a reply. I’m expecting the worst. If the increase isn’t huge I will renew. If it exceeds mine and my friends thresh hold then we won’t. We’ve no desire to move seats we’ve had since 1987

Left unsaid is that they aren’t going to reseat you, just raise the donation price.

Agreed. Right now I think there is a lot of demand out there. I’ve had several people I know ask me to call them if we want to sell our tickets, people I wouldn’t have thought to approach. The market is there, and I agree we need the inventory to accomodate that. it’s why I probably would have gone slightly larger with the expansion. I also would look at the feasibility of adding additional luxury seating in the future. The movement of businesses out of California is likely to accelerate in the future and one of the destinations is Utah, increasing the upper echelons of customer.

I used to have season Jazz tickets (that were shared with a group), season Utah basketball tickets and season Utah football tickets. As prices rose I slowly divested until at this point I only have football tickets.

I don’t think that’s the case.

They’re not “fixing” the south endzone, they’re changing it into something, and it’s at the expense of a lot of very loyal fans, many since it was built.

We are glad they’re upgrading the facilities, as someone who worked in the stadium on a daily basis it’s long overdue. It’s unfortunate they’re not giving those currently there more options.

The “high priority” line is pure PR. You can give all the priority you want, but when you don’t provide a comparable product at a comparable price, does it really matter what priority you give?

2 Likes

Ken Garf Performance Zone

Good god. N23 will soon be the Trails Real and Spectacular Zone. West side chairs will be Depends Active Again Zone.

I’m not thinking about this aspect of things anymore… just looking forward to a great game on Saturday.

2 Likes

What do the band and SEZ ticketholders do during the 2020 season?

After we legalize beer sales, the NEZ will become the Topless Keg Party.

5 Likes

As a season ticket holder in the south endzone, we have been told they will start the infrastructure and stuff around the south endzone and we might have to take a detour to get to the south endzone but it will still be there. They said we will still have seats for the 2020 season, and will tear it down right after the last game.

If you think about it, if they tear it down and not have it for the 2020 season, where do they put the teams? That’s where the locker rooms are and that seems like a logistical problem if they don’t have it.

I live out of state so I don’t have a dog in this fight but I think it would be useful to have a priority system that includes “butts in the seats” … this is more of an issue for college basketball than football, but with thinning of crowds in non-ideal weather maybe it should apply at RES. Some sort of points system combining donations, years of loyalty and how many games your tickets were actually used should be applied if you want to upgrade your seats – no one should have to pay-up just to retain their seats, IMO. This might also loosen pricing on secondary market.

2 Likes

With bar-coded tickets that should be easily accomplished. When I worked in the ticketing business you could track patterns of when the tickets were scanned and at what entrance. You could easily tell when the tickets were used by other than the regular ticket holder or if the tickets were used by a variety of users over the course of a season. Combine that information with the ticket account info and you can easily build a user profile.

How can you easily tell if the user is not the regular ticket holder?

1 Like